Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  1. Northwest Firearms

Northwest Firearms Pacific Northwest Site Maintenance

2. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

These guys are the very best at what they do!

3. Gendaito

Gendaito PDX Member

Mike Stannard does fantastic work. Unfortunately, a lot of other people think so too, so he's pretty backed up right now. I've had 3 barrels threaded by him and each one has been perfect.

4. toys

toys PDX Member

i had him do 2 AR SBRs for me when he was working thru Beavercreek. i had no problems with dropoff/deliver and time. he was really conscience about the barrel nut on one since i buggered it up but was able to remove it and replace it with an good one.

i would use him again in a heartbeat.

5. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

I stopped in today, to drop off my CZ-452 scout, to have threaded. They are very knowlegable, and helpful. I have heard nothing but good reviews from people, so I feel confident about having them do the work. 2-3 weeks, and it will be ready to pickup. NICE!

6. onearmedswordsman

onearmedswordsman Hillsboro, OR Member

Four jobs, all perfect.

7. coyote223

coyote223 NW Oregon Stamp Collector,,,

This!:)

8. watcher

watcher West of Portland Member

Four guns for me. Wouldn't go anywhere else.

9. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Just got some work done by tornado technologies, its a mark II 22/45 bull barrel
    IMAG0058copy.jpg
    IMAG0060copy.jpg

He even re-did my bolt for me, coated it all black.
    IMAG0057copy.jpg

10. bnr32gtr

bnr32gtr Vancouver, WA Member

A quote from the owner of AAC, "Best threading jobs in the world." I'd have to agree. Plus, Mike is one of the most knowledgeable and helpful people you will ever meet.

11. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

Got an AAC Brakeout pinned to a 14.5" AR-15 barrel. Ignore the yard debris. :)
    IMG_0284.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    I've got an Aimpoint T-1 ordered from LaRue too but it ain't here yet. :D

12. BlackGunsRFun

BlackGunsRFun PDXish Member

A 16 out of 16 Excellent rating pretty much sums it up.

Mike gets all of my work because every time I have picked up a piece from him, the quality of the workmanship has exceeded my expectations. He really does a fantastic job.

13. UncalledForGabe

UncalledForGabe Aloha Or. Member

I would like to see the quality of their work that I've been hearing about, but its' been over a year since I brought in my Mini 14. Every time I call or email them, they do not respond. I almost seems like they're avoiding me. Whats the big idea?

14. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle Oregon Active Member

Tornado Tech is a company you can trust with your firearms period. I have had a firearm totally screwed up by poor workmanship by another shop. When I drop off a gun at TT, I KNOW it will be done right!

15. novamind

novamind Hillsboro Active Member

Plus you can get your Beer Brewing supplies next door to them.

16. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

SUPER people. Mike there helped me resolve a problem with a bad Silencerco piston that was threaded too tight. I tell everyone that asks about threading/suppressors/etc to go to Tornado.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  17. UncalledForGabe

UncalledForGabe Aloha Or. Member

Yeah, so after a year and a half they call me to tell me they cant fix my rifle. Thanks guys...

Not recommended

18. ThemGunsThough

ThemGunsThough RIP City! Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. I don't care how good a place seems to be, if they don't answer your calls when they've had your gun for more than a few months then there's a problem with their communications. That seems really unprofessional that they would hold your gun for a YEAR and a HALF to just tell you that they can't fix it. Seriously, if they're THAT busy then they should at least have the decency to give you more of a heads up.

19. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

I've ran a service company for 28 years and all I would say to TT is that they are ignoring basic economics. If you have more business than you can handle, simply raise your rates to stabilize supply and demand. Instead of charging $100 to thread something charge $150.00.

The load becomes more manageable. You can pay the help more $$. Customers get better service and don't mind paying more for it. WIN/WIN all around. I've been there, done that.

They have stopped accepting rifle barrels for now because they can't keep up.

Like I said, very nice people - they just need to re-evaluate demand/pricing.

20. BarbusBadarse

BarbusBadarse tanasbourne Active Member

turn around time is around 2 weeks if im not misaken these days, just because some tard sends a gun to the that they "need to fix " not explained
    i have had probably more than 10 pistols and rifles threaded there wih great results
    may of them one off projects that they do not usually do.. mike is he best in the biz