JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody have any idea what happened? The complaints of lack of communication and long leadup times got worse and worse lately and now checking Google Maps shows it as permanently closed. Anybody in Hillsboro swing by there lately? It's really unfortunate since I've had great experiences with Michael there

No clue, but I do know they did fantastic work for me. Following.....

Edited to add - their website is up, let me subscribe to their email newsletter. Guess we'll see....

I went by the other day and the space they were in looks empty from the front window, IIRC he was talking about adding new and larger equipment so maybe they are in the process of moving?
Google says a bunch of places are closed (or open) when they aren't, so don't know how reliable that is

Last Seen May 16, 2022

Never heard of them, guess I missed it.
If my experience is any indication, you really didn't miss anything. While correspondence with the member here was positive (it was, mainly, concerning machine-guns they were listing on GB), the company itself couldn't even muster the courtesy of a response to inquiries I've made. From what I've seen reported here and at least one other forum, I wasn't alone in receiving almost complete radio silence. (And if the Google reviews are to be believed, it could have been worse.)

Google says a bunch of places are closed (or open) when they aren't, so don't know how reliable that is
Indeed.

Last Edited:
I hope all is well for them. Although I haven't been at their shop in several years, Goldie and Mike have always been helpful and fair in my dealing with them. I've been happy with their machine work, and products, and they have handled several incoming transfers for me in the past. Fingers crossed if they have moved out of their current location, it is for a better spot.

I think they were moving to a new location from posts I've seen lately however I haven't heard back from Mike since June

I hope the best for them and hope they are able to share an update soon to address the concerns people have been posting about

I had a great experience working there

I hope it's just moving to a nicer location; though it would be nice to have sort of communication if that were the case. I'm not sure what smith to use outside of this guy

I am about to contact the State Attorney General and the local ATF office to file a complaint. I paid up front and have UPS proof of delivery that they received my Walther PPK for barrel threading and I have not received any replies from voicemails or email correspondence. As of today 9/30/22 their phone answering system is still working and their web site is still up but I do not know if they retired, passed on, or are just too busy to reply? So before I pull the trigger, bad pun, and get more government people involved, I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt. So if anyone on the list can reach them in person, I for one would like to know what's going on?

Anybody have any idea what happened? The complaints of lack of communication and long leadup times got worse and worse lately and now checking Google Maps shows it as permanently closed. Anybody in Hillsboro swing by there lately? It's really unfortunate since I've had great experiences with Michael there
We sent them two Walther PPK on the first of June, but no reply since. One was pretty rare, and was left to me by my Brother before he passed away. Any ideas?? Thanks!!

I am about to contact the State Attorney General and the local ATF office to file a complaint. I paid up front and have UPS proof of delivery that they received my Walther PPK for barrel threading and I have not received any replies from voicemails or email correspondence. As of today 9/30/22 their phone answering system is still working and their web site is still up but I do not know if they retired, passed on, or are just too busy to reply? So before I pull the trigger, bad pun, and get more government people involved, I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt. So if anyone on the list can reach them in person, I for one would like to know what's going on?
Nothing new. This is their operating system. Take in stuff, sit on it, wait till the customer loses it to actually do the work. States things like, "all the machines are busy".

I showed up in person, they stated, give us a week. I gave them months. Fine, gave them a week. Showed up on the Friday at the end of that week. Still not done. Pretty sure Mike's wife scolded him there on the spot. Was done in an hour. Multiple months for a job that likely took less than an hour to perform.

Either they are extremely busy with third party machining, or they simply should not take on any more machining work from the public.

There are some warnings online. Including my review here.

Some how they are still relative in the industry. Just read a review online over at the Firearm Blog mentioning Tornado Tech. So he is still working, on something…

Years ago, there was the same discussion about the ultra slow turn around time at Tornado Technologies.
A member here came up with a great solution which made sense to me.
Mike should raise his prices, so that the customers with money get their work done quicker, the guys with less money go to another shop with longer turn around times and Mike's cash flow stays the same.

The status on Google Maps has changed from Permanently Closed to having hours again. Not sure what to think with all the unfortunate people having their stuff held up over there. Really liked going there

Mike has moved location as the new manager for the Business park is very anti gun and gave them 30 days eviction notice since they were on a month to month lease. The new location is very nice however Mike cannot conduct transfers until Washington county finalizes the new business location licensure. Portland ATF has already approved his FFL transfer however not until slow Washington county comes thru can he truly conduct business. You can find him on Fridays at MK Tactical

Found this today

We have recently moved!

Unfortunately, we were forced to move at very short notice due to our landlord's refusal to renew our lease. Luckily, we were able to acquire our own premises and close on an expedited timeline. As many of you are aware, we had been at our Hillsboro location for near on 15 years. Evidently, over that time, we had acquired far more machines, equipment, and firearms parts than we were aware of. Regrettably we grossly under-estimated the time and manpower it would take to move our shop, and all associated machines and equipment. Combine this with supply issues on everything from paint to electrical wire to employees and Delays with moving our license, and it's been slow going. Our transition to the new premises in nearly complete: We have finally received ATF approval for the new premises and are currently awaiting final approval from local government before recommencing business.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top