JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which build

• Classic A2 Rifle

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • 7.5 AR Pistol

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 8.5” AR Pistol

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another 10.5” Pistol

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So a heavy buffer should aid with reliable cycling? Ive seen that a few times now. Did you have issues running a plain stock buffer?
Yes I have a 7.5" barreled 5.56 AR pistol and I also have the Superlative Arms adjustable gas block and that alone set it so it would cycle properly and not be over-gassed. I also put the Sylvan Arms folding stock adapter on it, so that extension on the BCG put weight on it and it cycles SO damn nice now. Still puts out that fireball though.

Bringing this back to life.
Was convinced not to go the 7.5 or 8.5" route.. Ended up building a 10.5" classic A2 style pistol, this will look much like the AR pistols Stomper posted pics of a long while back on another thread. I think if no new laws get passed, this summer Im going for an A1 type build and my AR collection will be complete. Thank you all for your input.

I have to go with the herd on this one. Too many actual and potential legal complications with a pistol build IMO. You can do a solid A2-type build for the same (or less) money, and you will always have the option to mod/upgrade as needed down the road. The options are endless ...

I have to go with the herd on this one. Too many actual and potential legal complications with a pistol build IMO. You can do a solid A2-type build for the same (or less) money, and you will always have the option to mod/upgrade as needed down the road. The options are endless ...
I agree, I think rifle caliber pistols as well as braces will become heavily scrutinized. My thought was, if I could obtain one more pistol Id have a better chance of it being grandfathered than run the risk of not being able to ontain it down the road. I just couldnt shake the idea of an A2/A4 pistol build. And when Psa had their St. Patricks day free shipping sale I pulled the trigger.

I agree, I think rifle caliber pistols as well as braces will become heavily scrutinized. My thought was, if I could obtain one more pistol Id have a better chance of it being grandfathered than run the risk of not being able to ontain it down the road. I just couldnt shake the idea of an A2/A4 pistol build. And when Psa had their St. Patricks day free shipping sale I pulled the trigger.
Yep, I am in the same boat as you. Bought a couple of AR pistols in .300 BLK and then did a Mk 18 pistol clone. Am doing straight rifles from here on out. Honestly, if they go after pistols in a serious way it might make sense to take a second look at SBRs ... which is probably all part of the grand plan :(

Yep, I am in the same boat as you. Bought a couple of AR pistols in .300 BLK and then did a Mk 18 pistol clone. Am doing straight rifles from here on out. Honestly, if they go after pistols in a serious way it might make sense to take a second look at SBRs ... which is probably all part of the grand plan :(
I think they'll ban the future sales, but I doubt confiscation will take place. If the single shot Thompson Contender can fire rifle rounds as a pistol and not be subject; the AR pistols should also have some protection. My bigger worry is the price of uppers due to demand being driven up like ammo. I foresee uppers shooting up in price more than they have. Happy to finish this build before any legislation takes place locally or nationally. Best part, nearly all the parts were under inflation prices. Would have cost me roughly the same amount as last year or perhaps even a year and a half ago. I feel lucky there.

I agree with you in part, but that is where I get a little more pessimistic. Lawmakers seem content to pass laws that are difficult or even impossible to enforce since (a) the consequences of the law will not affect them personally (see earlier comments about gated communities, etc.) and (b) the burden of enforcement will fall on police, who the majority of Dems have spent the last decade or so demonizing as a class enemy. These people are literally pushing gun control on us from behind a wall of guns, and their hypocrisy is stunning.

My prediction is that they will pass 'tough' or 'common sense' gun laws that are neither tough nor sensible, and hold those dumb laws over the heads of law-abiding gun owners. How would this play out? Imagine a ban on standard-capacity magazines or AR pistols. If you keep your weapon and mags in a safe, you'll be fine. But a routine traffic stop on the way to your favorite gun range could lead to a 10-yr prison sentence. Like we used to say in the Marine Corps: What is your 12th General Order? DON'T GET CAUGHT.

I think the best course of action here is to network with like-minded patriots and citizens, buy land in sufficient quantity (and in the right jurisdictions!) to be able to shoot without harassment, and continue to support advocacy groups/candidates who support and defend our Constitutional rights. But hey, that is why we are all here! (Well, most of us anyway)

Check out Black Hills 77 Grain Sierra MatchKing Hollow Point ... if you can find any! You raise a good point, but there are plenty of great loads out there, as SOCOM has been demonstrating for some time now.

Now 300BLK and a 10" barrel, you've got some serious close up magic going on there.
And speaking of close-ups ...

SMILE.jpeg

Least with a 11.5" or 12.5" is close to 16" ballistics.
True, it would have been nice to get something with better ballistics. This build luckily is just a range toy. An 11 or 12" would have been cool since I haven't played with one of those yet. I was talked out of the 7-8" builds. Even as a range toy the blast seems unnecessary out of one of those.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top