JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which build

• Classic A2 Rifle

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • 7.5 AR Pistol

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 8.5” AR Pistol

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another 10.5” Pistol

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now 300BLK and a 10" barrel, you've got some serious close up magic going on there.
I talked myself out of 300blk due to the AK pistols and SBR Ive got. I figure I might as wel stick with 7.62x39 or 5.56. Have you noticed a big difference between 300blk pistols and 7.62x39 pistols? Admittedly I dont have much first hand experience with 300blk

True, it would have been nice to get something with better ballistics. This build luckily is just a range toy. An 11 or 12" would have been cool since I haven't played with one of those yet. I was talked out of the 7-8" builds. Even as a range toy the blast seems unnecessary out of one of those.
Look for a low concussion brake or linear compensator. They direct more of the muzzle blast forward, making it much easier on your ears. That shockwave you feel on your face from the concussion will be gone or nearly so, and it will be noticeably quieter.

True, it would have been nice to get something with better ballistics. This build luckily is just a range toy. An 11 or 12" would have been cool since I haven't played with one of those yet. I was talked out of the 7-8" builds. Even as a range toy the blast seems unnecessary out of one of those.
I wish the BRN-180S had a 11.5-12.5" barrel for the better ballistics. Doesn't need buffer tube? Side charging? AND 12.5" barrel? Instant winner for me.

Look for a low concussion brake or linear compensator. They direct more of the muzzle blast forward, making it much easier on your ears. That shockwave you feel on your face from the concussion will be gone or nearly so, and it will be noticeably quieter.
I have a 4 piece flash hider on my Draco SBR, that thing is amazing. I hear for AR's the closest thing to that is a Noveske flaming pig? Ive never used one of those though, not sure if the flash diminishing end result is the same?

I wish the BRN-180S had a 11.5-12.5" barrel for the better ballistics. Doesn't need buffer tube? Side charging? AND 12.5" barrel? Instant winner for me.
Thats some big boy money for an upper. Im an impatient, impulsive builder.. also on "team poor" for gun funds at the moment. The BRN reminds me of an FNC.. those uppers look cool as hell, if I had some more keesh, being the ammo-sexual gun whore I am.. Id probably add on of those to the collection as well. So many toys such little time.

I talked myself out of 300blk due to the AK pistols and SBR Ive got. I figure I might as wel stick with 7.62x39 or 5.56. Have you noticed a big difference between 300blk pistols and 7.62x39 pistols? Admittedly I dont have much first hand experience with 300blk
I haven't shot a lot of AK pistols, but 7.62 x 39 vs 300 BLK in a rifle, I think the 300 BLK recoiled a little harder but not much. What I like about it is the available variety of projectiles and velocity, including subsonic as Bobo mentioned. In a shorter barrel where velocity can become an issue, a very heavy bullet helps you deliver more energy.

Thats some big boy money for an upper. Im an impatient, impulsive builder.. also on "team poor" for gun funds at the moment. The BRN reminds me of an FNC.. those uppers look cool as hell, if I had some more keesh, being the ammo-sexual gun whore I am.. Id probably add on of those to the collection as well. So many toys such little time.
Its for my truck. So folding brace is nice.

2SHORT.jpg

10.5 but instead of a pistol go SBR and throw a can on the end of it. That's what I would do.

I did a qualification shoot for an instructor course, sitting right next to a guy with a muzzle brake on a 16" AR. It was making my sinuses hurt it was so loud. Couldn't find my extra earplugs, so I just sat back and waited for him to finish on each course of fire. Once he caught on to what was going on he was very apologetic. Apparently something was bothering him when he was packing the gun for the class, but he just couldn't put his finger on it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top