JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which next revolver?

• BFR in .30⧸30 WCF

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Schofield in .38 Special

Votes: 59 69.4%
  • Interesting, may I offer a different option, in the same vein ...

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Revolvers ain't tacticool. U need a Har Pernt with laser sight and big clip. 4 realz.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (gasp!) IDK if those have shoulder things that go up, but I just crapped myself in my safe space!

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
I break from the herd .
Schofield is cool , and .38 makes it easy to feed.
But that big fella with the rifle rounds in it would be more fun to shoot sparingly.
Giggles per round,
Totally made up ratio ; every single round from a bfr should equal or exceed a cylinder full of .38s, including champagne corking the empties into the air like the Schofield Kid.

30-30 BFR, although it really should be stamped 30WCF.
In a freakin heartbeat!
I'm the guy that bought a 5" 500 just to see what all of the fuss was about. I had nothing planned for it but "plink". I bought ammo and reloaded it with case loads of H110. Shooting a round was like lighting an M80. It was the coolest thing.:)

I'm also a 45-70 fan and played with a couple of rifles, one very strong. I'd have a hard time deciding between a 30-30 and a 45-70, if I, too didn't have 30-30 ammo.

@CountryGent , I voted and I voted for the BFR, but besides the giggle factor and potential hunting uses, even the BFR doesn't light my fire.
If I had another vote I'd hit the "Interesting, may I..." button. I'll keep it in the same vein of single action, old style.
Black powder frame style SAA, Case hardened frame, blued barrel and cylinder. Engraved if the wallet can handle it. Four and threequarter or five and a half inch barrel. 45 Colt or 44WCF, 44 Special as a good substitute.

Geeze, now I'm going to have to look around...:eek:

Well, truth be known, I gotta vote for Metaba! I absolutely LOVE my new .454 Casull! Funky as hell, and super fun to shoot! :D:D:D
1611378392472.png

BFR. Mine is going to be a 45/70 I will be ordering soon.

Already have 5-6 38/357. Maybe less, maybe more. Dont feel like thinking and ticking them off on my fingers. Fixed sight, adjustable sight. Long barrel, short barrel. Fat stocks, slim, wood, rubber. Love 38's and shoot them all day long. Ruger, S&W, Dan Wesson. I have 2 i do anything with, the rest take up space and only get taken out if someone wants to try one.

Too many of 1 caliber is boring.

BFR is a game changer. Scope it and try and work up to 200 yards for fun.

While a schofield is cool. Are you going to be doing anything really different with it when shooting a topbreak vs any other 38 you have?

I break from the herd .
Schofield is cool , and .38 makes it easy to feed.
But that big fella with the rifle rounds in it would be more fun to shoot sparingly.
Giggles per round,
Totally made up ratio ; every single round from a bfr should equal or exceed a cylinder full of .38s, including champagne corking the empties into the air like the Schofield Kid.

Haha. Thanks for feeding my shenanigans.

Along those lines, I have a 12-gauge pistol. Loud and fireball-producing would be an understatement. Though, like the rest of the scatterguns, I never shoot it these days.

briefcase-jpg.700345

While a schofield is cool. Are you going to be doing anything really different with it when shooting a topbreak vs any other 38 you have?

That is the question I keep asking; got various .38 Specials. The Schofield is super neat-o. But does it really do anything those don't, ballistically speaking? Not really, though the shooting experience might be a tad different.

The BFR, probably and would, perhaps, spark new experimentation.

Another factor; I am familiar with the ballistics of the .3030 WCF out of a lever-action carbine. Not so much out of a 7½" barrel. Certainly different.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top