JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which next revolver?

• BFR in .30⧸30 WCF

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Schofield in .38 Special

Votes: 59 69.4%
  • Interesting, may I offer a different option, in the same vein ...

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Revolvers ain't tacticool. U need a Har Pernt with laser sight and big clip. 4 realz.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (gasp!) IDK if those have shoulder things that go up, but I just crapped myself in my safe space!

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
These are two that have been "back burnered" for a loooooong time. But I've sold off some guns, and have another automatic on the chopping block, so circling back.

Option One: BFR in .30⧸30 WCF
761226086932.jpg

Why? It seems quite corking to go so gonzo.
No, really, why? No, gonzo is the reason why. Well, they seem like very nicely made wheelguns and an interesting evolution in the single-action design. And I like shooting wheelguns and I have to imagine shooting metallic silhouettes with one will be hilarious. I've got a decent amount of .3030 put aside to feed a Winchester 94. (There is next to zero chance I'll get back to big game hunting any time soon, but who knows what the coming years will bring, and handgun hunting is interesting. Never say never.)

Option Two: Schofield in .38 Special
GCA857.jpg

Why? I like classic guns and have an endlessly reoccurring fascination with top-break revolvers for reasons I never have and likely never will understand.
No, really, why? Eh, that covered it. Looks like a fun plinker and I've got a buttload of .38 Special ammo to burn up.

Price-wise is irrelevant as they are both floating around a grand, give or take.

Anyway, I am not set yet, but figured kick it around. :s0155:

Out of the two, I pick the break top.

Would something like this scratch the itch?
1611372741271.png

Schofield for the win, and it just so happens I know where there are a few ( and a few more) in the various calibers, including .44, which would elevate you to super cool status if you ask me!

These are two that have been "back burnered" for a loooooong time. But I've sold off some guns, and have another automatic on the chopping block, so circling back.

Option One: BFR in .30⧸30 WCF
View attachment 812366

Why? It seems quite corking to go so gonzo.
No, really, why? No, gonzo is the reason why. Well, they seem like very nicely made wheelguns and an interesting evolution in the single-action design. And I like shooting wheelguns and I have to imagine shooting metallic silhouettes with one will be hilarious. I've got a decent amount of .3030 put aside to feed a Winchester 94. (There is next to zero chance I'll get back to big game hunting any time soon, but who knows what the coming years will bring, and handgun hunting is interesting. Never say never.)

Option Two: Schofield in .38 Special
View attachment 812367

Why? I like classic guns and have an endlessly reoccurring fascination with top-break revolvers for reasons I never have and likely never will understand.
No, really, why? Eh, that covered it. Looks like a fun plinker and I've got a buttload of .38 Special ammo to burn up.

Price-wise is irrelevant as they are both floating around a grand, give or take.

Anyway, I am not set yet, but figured kick it around. :s0155:
The BFR also comes in .45-70. That would be my choice.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top