JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
S&W 66. 2.5" K Frame is the perferct size for a concealment .357 imo. I know the K frame problem but if you stay away from the really hot 125 grain rounds your fine.
I shoot 145 grain SIlvertips or 135 short Barrel Gold Dots with no issues. My 66 has over 3000 rounds through it with about 50% being magnum loads.

J frames are so nice to carry, but I just never liked shooting it much and liked the ability to carry a magnum round if desired.

Oh, and stay away from the 125 grain factory loads with the snubby .357. They tend to be the hottest loads around. I can shoot 145's Silvertips all day...

I guess I've been living under a rock, didn't know S&W offered a Scandium L frame. That looks like a very nice peice. My only complaint with my 2.5" 686 is weight. I normally don't look at newer S&W's but this one is nice.

Cita the Bengal (terror cat) sayz "I can has Smith and Wezzon..."

1-14-11021.jpg

I carry a 1965 Colt Agent in .38 Special in my front pocket.

COLT.jpg

I had my 1977 vintage Colt Agent in my pocket today. I have learned to protect the hammer with my thumb on the draw. But I have to say I prefer my "hammerless" S&W Model 40 lemon squeezer or my brushed nickel 442 most of the time when I want a pocket-concealed revolver.

I agree with 9mmMike. The 2.5" K frames area joy to carry and shoot. I've had 60 and 36's (the 5-shot J-frames) and they are light and easy to carry. But the K is only slightly more to carry, and is such a joy to shoot in comparison. It will also handle .357 if you wish (and I like that). Plus, living in the PNW, it is rare you are not wearing enough clothing to conceal it easily - jacket pocket, high-ride pancake, etc. I even have an ankle holster for it. Love it.

IMGP3117.jpg

IMGP3121.jpg

That might true, but in a actual self defense shooting, two things a person would probably not notice, the recoil and the noise. IMHO, with conceal carry, it is the carry that happens 100% of the time. The odds are, it will never be used. I like to think of conceal carry like air bags in a car. I never want to use them but if I need them, I want them there.

+1. What he said. :s0155:

Lots of great light weight snubby options out there, and lately some ammo makers are making Self Defense ammo engineered to perform at lower velocities that results from shorter barrels.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top