JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So as usual I am late to the party.
I just saw a episode of season 4 ( 2012 ) of this show.
In one "challenge" the pistol used was a Pedersoli "Kentucky" flintlock pistol.
Never mind my issue with the name "kentucky pistol"... that is a subject for a different post.

What really bothered me is the NRA antique firearms "Expert" who had them load the pistol with a severely under size ball and no patch.
In the course of shooting the ball ran out of the barrel before some of the shooters could fire the pistol.

I just wanted to point out that if you load a proper size round ball and patch with any muzzle loading arm ... this will not happen.
If one takes the time to learn , a muzzle loading firearm is quite dependable and accurate.
Sorry for the rant...
Andy

They had another episode with the "Kentucky Rifle." They only had the one rifle. Looked like a Pedersoli flintlock but I may not have that right. Each team had to take five shots (total of 10 shots out of the one rifle). 25, 50, 75, 100 and 125 yds on a pretty large target from the kneeling position. In a nutshell, they couldn't get ten shots out of the rifle. Kept having pan flashes which eventually got so bad they gave up on the provided rifle and finished up the day using the "experts" personal rifle. The after shoot bull session was the usual line of BS about how unreliable and slow to fire flintlocks are. The shooting wasn't particularly impressive either. Not a real fan of that episode.

Last Edited:
With any TV show, especially a reality series, there tend to be these producers who think up the most outlandish and stupid ideas & can't for the life of them take constructive criticism. That said, it's just low budget, scripted and boring blazer anymore......
Naked and Afraid is one of the most ignorant failures.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O

With any TV show, especially a reality series, there tend to be these producers who think up the most outlandish and stupid ideas & can't for the life of them take constructive criticism. That said, it's just low budget, scripted and boring blazer anymore......
Naked and Afraid is one of the most ignorant failures.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O

Its still better than The Voice:D

So as usual I am late to the party.
I just saw a episode of season 4 ( 2012 ) of this show.
In one "challenge" the pistol used was a Pedersoli "Kentucky" flintlock pistol.
Never mind my issue with the name "kentucky pistol"... that is a subject for a different post.

What really bothered me is the NRA antique firearms "Expert" who had them load the pistol with a severely under size ball and no patch.
In the course of shooting the ball ran out of the barrel before some of the shooters could fire the pistol.

I just wanted to point out that if you load a proper size round ball and patch with any muzzle loading arm ... this will not happen.
If one takes the time to learn , a muzzle loading firearm is quite dependable and accurate.
Sorry for the rant...
Andy
Top Shot was show that took the best of the best ( sorry Jerry M ) and put them in mainstream ( kinda) of TV and made a damn watchable series out of it.I wish the show was moved up to NATL TV and on 8 pm.Lets not pick on GUN TV..... libtards got that covered:p

Not trying to pick on anything...
Just not liking the way that a supposed "expert" gave bad instructions and a false impression of a type of firearm on a "gun show."
While not really expecting for 100% no TV or Hollywood BS , It is a show about firearms and I did expect at least a little more "gun truth" than what I could see in typical TV show or movie.

The myth of the muzzle loading gun and flintlock in particular of being fussy , difficult to load / shoot and inaccurate is one of the many myths I try to dispel with our collection and museum.
The episode I posted about did not help , but gave yet another bad example of these firearms.

If the scenes were shown on a different type of popular TV show...
I still would have been disappointed and written my post.

On the plus side of the show ...
They are big on safety.
You get to see a variety of firearms.
Firearms are generally used in a manner which is "realistic."
Firearms and gun owners are shown in a positive manner and light.

I do agree that if it was on national TV at 8.00 it might indeed do a world of good for guns and gun owners.
( Just hope they ask me on , the next time a muzzle loading firearm is to used ...:p:D )
Andy

Top Shot was show that took the best of the best ( sorry Jerry M ) and put them in mainstream ( kinda) of TV and made a damn watchable series out of it.I wish the show was moved up to NATL TV and on 8 pm.Lets not pick on GUN TV..... libtards got that covered:p

Ray, there's naked chicks too?:p

moe.jpg

Ray

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR