Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Top Shot

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by rufus, Feb 15, 2012.

1. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Anyone watch last night?

2. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

I guess not.

So far it looks like they are dropping a lot of the drama BS and sticking to shooting. I'm root'n for the hottie, Michelle the border agent.

3. Allfat

Allfat Marion County Active Member

I did watch it, and I appreciated the lack of drama and the focus on shooting. Looks like a good group of people they got together this year, hopefully they will keep the drama to a minimum and keep focusing on cool shooting events.

4. CZ Fan

CZ Fan Oregon Member

Lack of drama reality tv you say? I may have to check it out.

PaulZ and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The DRAMA doesn't happen in the first show it needs to build as personalities intermesh.

I was happy to see that both women gave a good showing. I wondered how that tiny thing from Venezuela was going to do with the M14 (I am pretty sure the Pull is a little long for her) and with the Ruger SA But she did very well with both.

6. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

You guys asked where it was filmed last year.The kid worked in the studios and lives a few miles from where they shoot it in SoCal. Kind of NE of LA

Took me a minute on the picture post,but it may be the other way around

7. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Interesting the two guys who failed to shoot their way in were champion shooters. Even though one was a champion revolver shooter, you would figure he would have the fundamentals down well enough to not come in last place out of 18 shooters. That being said, the elimination challenge looked like it would have been all kinds of entertaining...

8. DavinFelth

DavinFelth Olympia Member

I already have a much better feeling about this season than last. I didn't see any evidence of someone that would lack class anywhere remotely as close as Jake did last season. I'm glad to see the focus back on the shooting, I hope that carries through the whole season.

9. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

Glad to see both females made it past the first week. Hopefully they'll stay in longer this season.
    Looks like next week they are using a BAR :rockon: :gun05:

10. 4dogs

4dogs 3 miles from the range Active Member

Interesting first round - I somehow missed that it was on but my DVR recorded it for me (yea!).

How far out was the target that they used with the M14?

11. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

too far out for most of the competitors...

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Allfat

Allfat Marion County Active Member

200 yards I think....

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  13. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was really put off by the petty drama last season, and at least one other prior to that. This group seems fairly stable thus far. But the season is brand new and we should not underestimate the capacity for contestants to start grooming their voting alliances ala Survivor.

A lot of it, I think, might have to do with living, eating and sleeping on the set, dealing with mind games, egotistical nuance and smack-talking 24/7 for however long it takes to "film" all the episodes. We get to tune in on DVR when it's handy, suck a beer and comment on how they shoot. My hat's off to anyone good enough to make it to the show.

I just hope that any prior military personnel can resist the urge to become cliquish backstabbers again like the last season. Embarrassing.

rufus and (deleted member) like this.
  14. kodiak61

kodiak61 Goldendale, WA Member

Michelle is currently the redstar firearms calender girl.

No nudes but typical gun pron semi nude photo's of her if you google search "michelle redstar firearms".

15. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I'll need to verify this,kodiak

16. kodiak61

kodiak61 Goldendale, WA Member

Tue night steel - YouTube!

That's a video of her at the Rio Salado range in Mesa, AZ competing in "Tuesday night steel". Its just a practice event ran every Tuesday night to help people get better at 3 gun. She was middle of the pack consistently. Yes she makes errors in the video and is not simply amazing, however she is decent.

17. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Good golly Molly that blue team brunette is one hot hottie!!!! Sheesh, I am gonna go jump the border until I can get her to cuff my old fart butt!!!!

18. Bunny

Bunny Portland, OR Well-Known Member

I agree. I'm rooting for Tiny Venezuelan Girl. :)

19. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

:funnypoint:

I DVR'ed it so will watch tonight sans-commercials & drama.

20. Bunny

Bunny Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw the latest episode last night and judging by Border Patrol Girl's behavior and her facebook pictures, she looks like she's mostly there to flirt and get exposure. I think she's obnoxious. And yeah, I'm surprised by Gabby! (Tiny Venezuelan). She's doing great! :D

rufus and (deleted member) like this.