JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cannon was awesome, be a nice item for the inventory.
Why the **** is everyone afraid of Jake. So what he was a SEAL. He is full of himself, which is odd for a SEAL.

What would you do with a Gatling gun? It could get expensive to feed at 1000 rounds per minute like the one on the show was rated.

You can fire a Gatling gun at any rate you want to since it is actually a single shot weapon. Turn the crank only one position and it fires one round. Turn the crank as fast as the action will allow and it fires at 1000 rds per min. Though 400rpm is more like reality.

Cannon was awesome, be a nice item for the inventory.
Why the **** is everyone afraid of Jake. So what he was a SEAL. He is full of himself, which is odd for a SEAL.

That is what I keep thinking. The whole team seems to just sit around and wait for some one to say "I did bad I will go to elimination" so they don't have to make any hard choices or be accountable. Nobody is taking leadership so Jake gets away with whatever he wants.

He is full of himself, which is odd for a SEAL.

You must have not met very many SEAL's. They are notorious throughout every branch of the military for being arrogant, trigger-happy, cowboys. Obviously, that does not accurately represent all SEAL's, but unfortunately it does for many of them. It's just the reality of the majority of the Navy applicants coming from non-combat background and training.

Actually I was on Coronado for 3 years as a Seabee working and playing with the guys from teams 1, 3, 5. So I have met quite a few. They are very confident, who wouldn't after going through some of the toughest training in the military.

It is very difficult to hold my nose through the drama. It's kind of a structured reality show with guns. I don't generally watch reality shows. I suppose they are all structured or staged, but this one has guns!
I will support a popular show that puts guns on TV as something safe and fun. We need that as often as we can get it.

I was glad to see Mike eliminated.

But all I see whenever Jake is is in front of the camera is....
crybaby1.jpg

The last elimination contest was stupid. If it was supposed to be about unsighted quick draw they should have made it a timed event or a head to head first one to hit the target kind of event. Holding a single action revolver at waist level with two hands just looked silly. :(

What gave you the idea it was about "quick draw"? Have you tried "shooting from the hip"? It's pretty darn difficult, regardless of how silly it looks!

Well, when Colby was introducing the segment, he said it was about innovative point shooting where they didn't have time to aim. I interpret that as quick draw and that's what I wanted to see. This thing of holding with two hands is just hand eye coordination and walking your shots into the target. If Jesse James or Wes Hardin was on the other side they would be six feet under pardner... :)

I have tried shooting from the hip, they called it the "speed rock" at the academy. I could generally keep my shots on the target out to 7 yards and my draw was timed at .5 seconds out of a Safariland 295 holster. I have also just had fun with point shooting back when I had a .22lr SAA replica and I didn't think it was that hard to draw, cock, and fire and hit a target. Not going to be challenging Bob Munden anytime soon though... :)

I was about 20 years old, many years ago, and I was up near a lake shooting my Ruger .22 single six. A car drove up with four very drunk guys. I had my new western holster on that I just bought. They started making comments and ask me if I could shoot. There were brass casings all around and one of the guys picked up a 30-06 brass stood it up and said, "can you hit that?". I pulled my revolver out of the holster and shot from the hip thinking I could never hit it even it I aimed. It was about 20 feet away. I put a hole right through the brass. I was just as amazed as they were. They got in their car and left. Maybe someone thought I needed help handling these guys.?
Wish I had a video or even a witness!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top