JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As far as the reality show format goes, yeah, you are probably going to lose a lot of die-hard shooters by sticking to it, but you gain a ton of exposure for the shooting sports in audiences that previously saw firearms solely as instruments of destruction. Think we can do without that in an election year?
Iain

Good point, we need all the exposure we can get. Speaking of which. Been catching up with some of the 'Extreme Marksman' stuff on youtube, that is certainly intended for a broad and not necessarily gun affiliated crowd.

A couple of questions for you.

• Looks like you had to play with a multitude of different weapons....(and without giving anything away)anything that you handled that you had not used before, but may take up? Conversely, anything you'd never touch again even if they paid you?
  • So, how did you get onto the show in the first place? Was it a casting call?

I wonder if Glock appreciated Brad making it seem like if you get used to a Glock you will have trouble shooting any other type of handgun. Also, does he have something against slowing the heck down and aiming? During the practice round it didn't look like he even tried to aim, just point and shoot. I don't doubt that works for him with his own gun, but use your brain.

Good point, we need all the exposure we can get. Speaking of which. Been catching up with some of the 'Extreme Marksman' stuff on youtube, that is certainly intended for a broad and not necessarily gun affiliated crowd.

A couple of questions for you.

• Looks like you had to play with a multitude of different weapons....(and without giving anything away)anything that you handled that you had not used before, but may take up? Conversely, anything you'd never touch again even if they paid you?
  • So, how did you get onto the show in the first place? Was it a casting call?

Good questions. If you saw my performance in the 1st episode, you'd be correct in assuming I wouldn't want to drop any cash on an '03 :) I was kinda hoping for an Enfield, though the SVT40 was a revelation.

There's a shot in one of the promos that shows throwing knives, so I'm not giving anything away I guess by saying that that part of the show was kinda fun, as well as being something you can practice in the backyard. I'm going to be picking up my bow again.

My wife got an email from the USPSA in December 09, asking for multi-discipline applicants for the show. She forwarded it to me because in her words, I'm not particularly good at anything, which is about the same thing...
I submitted an application form, video, second video and then a phone interview, which was enough to get called to LA for a week of interviews, psych tests, shooting tests & a physical. During the process in CA, we were supposed to have no contact whatsoever with the other applicants, but hey, we're all shooters so how can you not sneak out to go drinking with with Jerry, Dave, Rob, JJ and Blake?

Thanks for the info.

Nice shooting on last nights show. You made HMAF proud son. Now I know where my tax pounds went! That swinging target looked pretty interesting, in a "I'm glad it was you and not me" kinda way.

Thanks! The swinger was pretty interesting as we had no idea that the targets were going to be released in sequence, rather than all at once until Jim & I walked up to the line.

I was a little miffed at the editing regarding the blue on blue incident as it was portrayed as if I was in theater when it happened, whereas I was in fact in Ft Lewis, joining that Bn a couple of months later in Germany.

Stay tuned for next week's exciting episode, when the blue team uses handbags at 5 paces!

I just watched the Adam / Caleb episode and was very disappointed.
All Adam could do was scheme and whine about his own teammates, and when he's called on it, all of a sudden he had the gull to question other peoples integrity.

He won the shoot-off fair and square, but honestly, if I hear the term "rat fink" one more time I'll probably stop watching the show.

I just watched the Adam / Caleb episode and was very disappointed.
All Adam could do was scheme and whine about his own teammates, and when he's called on it, all of a sudden he had the gull to question other peoples integrity.

He won the shoot-off fair and square, but honestly, if I hear the term "rat fink" one more time I'll probably stop watching the show.

I agree, that bonehead almost ruined the last episode for me. I don't like those mind-games survivor or big brother type shows. I would rather watch a show about shooting and marksmanship.

I'm sure there are many short Marines who would like to discuss their worth as men with Adam as well. He basically said Caleb was too small to be a Marine. Any good military member of any branch knows it's the size of the heart that matters.

Congratulations to Iain for making it to the finale. It's good to have a local represent (even if he does speak funny). :s0114:

Quick question to Iain (if he still reads this) about the hill challenge: Do you think the outcome would have been different if no one was allowed to watch a contestant's run until he finished it himself? In other words, was Kelley at a disadvantage because he went first and everyone got to watch him?

Iain...no BS, talented guy, was the best leader within either group. We'll soon know!

At that, the shooting has been incredible but disliked the knife throwing segment. Although it fit the premise of the show, I thought it unnecessary. I did enjoy the slingshot challenge, especially Chief AJ!

Congratulations Iain. Awesome job! That final was about as close as it can get. These last few shows have really been about the shooting, and it was a pleasure to watch.

I liked the show a **** of a lot better when there was no more "elimination range." Then it really seemed like it was the better shooters that moved on. I thought both of the final two competitors did very well. Both seemed worthy and I wouldn't have been disappointed either way. That being said, seeing an Oregon resident win was nice. Good job and congratulations Iain...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top