JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What's up with that kid? Sometimes I think when you're young and cocksure you don't get nervous. The older I get the more thought I put into things and sometimes it gets in my way. ??
Competitors at that level practice 2-3 times a week (often times more) and compete weekly, against the best shooters...They don't need a crew to tell them how good they are... the scores are posted promptly. They spot for themselves and make corrections accordingly. It's easy to be "cocksure" when you are aware of your ability....The Marine had bad form and let his head get in the way of good shooting...

Ahhhh.. the art and science of shooting...I love it..

ps. Iain H.....Way to diagnose that bad info was incoming...Disregard and proceed for the win...

Last Edited:
I just wish they would specify. Knowing what round they are shooting would really add to my appreciation of the skill level these guys are showing. I mean, going from 200 to 600 yards so quickly on a gun that you don't normally shoot is impressive enough, but I would like to know how much drop they are having to compensate for. Either way, these guys are pretty damned impressive to me.

Hey guys, sorry I've been a little remiss in answering questions. Spent the last few days shooting the MGM Ironman competition, so if anyone wants any back story regarding the second episode, fire away.

Just wanted to say hello & good luck....I think it is so amazing someone from portland is on the top shot show....How awesome....Good Luck :s0155:

Shooting through that tube must have been very difficult. I loved the beretta episode.

Hey guys, sorry I've been a little remiss in answering questions. Spent the last few days shooting the MGM Ironman competition, so if anyone wants any back story regarding the second episode, fire away.

Were other people making up excuses like Brad? It seems like a professional pistol shooter should be good with any gun.

I'm excited to see next weeks episode with the bows.

Caught the first two episodes. Good stuff. The young guy owned on rifle, he seems to really know his stuff. Didn't know Iain was a local (region wise)... best of luck to ya!
Looking forward to seeing more episodes as they air. On Demand = bonus for catching up.

I was really jealous of the SVT rifles... and the M14/M1A. Of course, a nice 1903 is nothing to scoff at either. Of course, I am jealous of those because I do not have any examples in the collection... but that is the way it goes.

M9/92F... not a bad handgun, but not my first choice (owned a clone and liked it a lot, but like other handguns better).

That zip line elimination looked HARD. The show should get even more interesting as the weapons mix gets more diverse. Just neat for weapons buffs.

Bear in mind that the producers, whether by design or accident, made sure that everyone had minimal time to practice with whatever weapons were featured in that episode, so by & large it was a case of pick up the gun & go. Also, everyone was mic'd & on camera 24/7, so there was plenty of material available to edit so as to create either heroes or villains.

I'm stuck in SLC for work this week, so will miss the airing of the archery-based show. You guys will have to tell me how it went :)

Chuck Anderson beat me into 2nd place in Trooper class this year after stage 4a was thrown out. Next year!

This reality show format is so played out. Watched last nights show, c'mon, this is just a bunch of guys competing in a marksman competition, not life or death. Really...so we care about the interpersonal relationships and the 'enhanced' tension that poor editing portrays. Gimme a break.

The shooting parts are great, I'm pretty impressed with the cross discipline adaptability shown to date and I think that we need more shooting shows...but I"m grateful for Tivo....I skipped all the petty nonesense and got to the action, which, is actually a really tiny portion of the show, but interesting nonetheless.

In short, for future shows, lets see more action, more interesting setups and less of the (gag) 'interpersonal battles'. Can someone get on that :)

lastly, as an Englishman, I had not known that longbow training for all Englishmen was mandatory at one point in the past. That's a part of my history lessons that were left out I guess. My history class also failed to mentioned about the archers two finger salute, which apparently has a historical connection to archery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_sign see the origins section.

It's a gesture the English are rather fond of.

Hopefully you did well Iain.

I'm afraid only the two people who got sent to the elimination challenge got to run the zipline, but if you really want to have a bash at it, it'll cost you $250 and a trip to Palma, ID. next June. <broken link removed>

Oh, and about 1200 rnds...

As far as the reality show format goes, yeah, you are probably going to lose a lot of die-hard shooters by sticking to it, but you gain a ton of exposure for the shooting sports in audiences that previously saw firearms solely as instruments of destruction. Think we can do without that in an election year? As you say, DVR is your friend :)

If anyone's interested, there will be a small gathering this Sunday at Captain Ron's in Sherwood to watch the show & I'll be happy to answer any questions about the stuff that never made it onto the screen.

Iain

I found myself wanting Bill gone. If he cant blow off a stupid comment and move on with the competition, then he's nothing but a liability. He may be old, but he's got alot of growing up to do.

Brad has been annoying me also, but I just couldn't stand Bills immaturity any longer

I found myself wanting Bill gone. If he cant blow off a stupid comment and move on with the competition, then he's nothing but a liability. He may be old, but he's got alot of growing up to do.

Brad has been annoying me also, but I just couldn't stand Bills immaturity any longer

I thought Brads tirade against bows and arrows was pretty amusing. I wonder how many more eliminations he'll go to and win.

I thought Brads tirade against bows and arrows was pretty amusing. I wonder how many more eliminations he'll go to and win.

I hope his luck has ran out. :s0131:

He's too scared. His defense mechanism is to create a big stink and a bunch of excuses before the competition starts.

Someone is going to/should have sit/sat down and tell him that he's not going to be shooting his personal glock, that the competition involves more than just pistol shooting, and that whining about either of those realities is just making him look stupid.

Considering the show is already done and over with, and we're just watching the results, I knever know whether to speak in present or past tense.

I'm afraid only the two people who got sent to the elimination challenge got to run the zipline, but if you really want to have a bash at it, it'll cost you $250 and a trip to Palma, ID. next June. <broken link removed>

Oh, and about 1200 rnds...

If only I could get the time off of work.....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top