JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's amazing what comes in those dry spice packets that come with the noodles now days.....

DSCN1067.jpg

DSCN1062.jpg

DSCN1061.jpg

DSCN1066.jpg

I prefer Sapporo Ichiban,Hoo Roo Rook and Nissin Hot noodle bowl to Top Ramen. TR is like generic stuff compared to the 3 I listed. Have you tried any of the others? I guess I am a little biased since I am half Korean/half Hillbilly!

It's amazing what comes in those dry spice packets that come with the noodles now days.....

Those little freeze dried packs sure pack a punch dont they. Yours seem to rehydrate a little tastier looking than mine though.............

Hmmm. That looks pretty tasty and simple. Green onion, red pepper, green pepper, strips of carrot? What's the cut of pork? Is the whole thing stir fried? You've posted quite a few tasty tidbits. How about posting ingredients and a basic overview of the method when you do?

More than half your daily sodium limit in one, small pack. But, dayum, Top Ramen is good! For pack hunting, I always smash the packages flat--more fit in your pack that way.

Hmmm. That looks pretty tasty and simple. Green onion, red pepper, green pepper, strips of carrot? What's the cut of pork? Is the whole thing stir fried? You've posted quite a few tasty tidbits. How about posting ingredients and a basic overview of the method when you do?

As best as I can recall......

Meat
1 1/2 pound Pork, cut into thin strips
3 cloves Garlic, minced
1 knob of fresh ginger (thumb size)
2 tablespoons Oil, (I used Olive oil)
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 egg
2 tbs corn starch

I froze a pork roast for about 3 hours until it was perfect for slicing thin, cut pork into strip approx 1 1/2" x 2 1/2", 1/8th inch thick

In a bowl mix the pork, 1 egg, corn starch and soy sauce together.

Turn up Wok to 8 put in oil garlic and ginger and almost immediately add the Pork.

Stir fry the pork until it is fully cooked and then put into a container and put a towel over it to keep warm.

--------------------------------

Rinse Wok from the Pork

Slice your vegetables, I used the vegetables below, you can use what you have or what you like, snow pea would have been great if I had them.

5 Mushrooms sliced thick

3 celery stalks cut on the bias

1 yellow onion cut into strips

1 red bell pepper

2 pkg of noodles, these aren't actually Top Ramen noodles but they are the same thing just bought in a bigger package from an Asian store.

8 Broccoli stems skinned and sliced on the bias, yes the stems, cut off the skin of Broccoli stems and you will find the tastiest part of the broccoli!

2 lg carrots cut into strips

The white end of a bunch of green onion.

Put a couple tbs of oil in the Wok, heat your Wok to 8 and cook the vegetables for a minute or 2 turning often. take off heat and spice to taste, you can use what ever flavor you like such a as Teriyaki , etc.. for this I just used some Soy sauce, lots of powdered ginger, powdered garlic and Pepper. Tip when you use Soy sauce don't use salt at all.

Now here is the part I used to screw up, I used to boil the noodles and put them in and what you have is a boiled water flavored noodle.

OK what I now do is put enough chicken stock into the Wok adding it to the moisture from the vegetables to make approx 1" depth of liquid in the Wok, scoot you vegetables to the side and add the "dry" noodles to the center and cover the noodles with your vegetables and put a lid over the Wok for about 2 mins, you should now be able to pull the noodle mass apart, cook until the noodles have softened a bit but not a lot.

Now what I do is push every then to one side and tilt the Wok so all the liquid is accessible, add 2 tbs of corn starch and stir till thickened.

Throw your meat in and stir everything together, finish spice to taste.

Slice up the green part of the green onion and serve.

The tricky part is doing all this and not over cooking the vegetables and that takes preparation, practice and timing.

Tip... have everything you will use cut, proportioned and ready because it goes really fast and if you aren't ready the veggies will over cook. I'm a firm believer that vegetables should be cooked Al-dente in stir fry.

Good luck and remember that there is no real recipe for Wok cooking it's more a technique.

I prefer Sapporo Ichiban,Hoo Roo Rook and Nissin Hot noodle bowl to Top Ramen. TR is like generic stuff compared to the 3 I listed. Have you tried any of the others? I guess I am a little biased since I am half Korean/half Hillbilly!

What no Nong Shim Ramen?? I used to eat that by the case in Korea. It was tough to find back in the states but 20 years later it's even in Winco's!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top