Top loading GunVault style safe for rifles & shotguns?

Discussion in 'Gun Safes & Secure Storage' started by Nosferatu, Mar 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Nosferatu

Nosferatu
    Monroe, WA

I'm looking for a safe or locker like the gunvault pictuerd below, but for a long gun. Does such a thing exist? It doesn't have to have a biometric lock, but it would be nice. It's going to be mounted in my travel trailer and want something secure to mount the long gun while I'm not in camp.

mv1000--gun-down..png

Joe13 likes this.
  2. deadeye

deadeye
    Albany,OR.
    Moderator Staff Member

https://www.amazon.com/gp/slredirec...55&id=8012511778030051&widgetName=sp_atf_next

https://www.amazon.com/V-Line-Quick...=1520922945&sr=8-3&keywords=single+rifle+safe

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002OCYG8...86b5-c5a09ffcb51b&ie=UTF8&qid=1520923310&sr=1

SKrueger and Joe13 like this.
  3. Nosferatu

Nosferatu
    Monroe, WA

Thanks.

#1 is too big.

#2 looks like it could work.

#3 is a non-starter (needs to cover the entire gun)

Joe13 likes this.
  4. gunnails

gunnails
    Hillsboro

I LIKE #3.

5. Joe13

Joe13
    NW of Vancouver
    Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

I have a v-line handgun safe and love it. Very well made.

6. Nosferatu

Nosferatu
    Monroe, WA

If you've ever been in a travel trailer, you know how thin the panels are. I think I be able to grab it by the barrel and rip the whole thing out. I'd prefer there be at least an aura of security.

Thanks, thus far, it's the best option I've seen. How is the lock mechanism? Is it fairly stout? Enough to at least thwart a smash-and-grabber with a small prybar?

Joe13 likes this.
  7. Joe13

Joe13
    NW of Vancouver
    Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

It's much better steel then the electronic safes but I don't know the gauge. The quick access lock seems very well built and has a smooth action.

Mine does not have it so this is an assumption, but from the photo on Amazon it looks like there is a cylinder key lock on both corners to further secure it. I.e. If your not worried about fast access then you could lock both ends as well with a key to make it locked in 3 places and that would be pretty secure.

When you bolt it to something, put a large piece of plywood or 2x4's behind the wall/floor to lag it into and keep someone from ripping the whole thing out of the trailer and taking homeboy to work on it at their leisure.

That's my 2¢.

MasterChief1 and Camelfilter like this.
  8. Joe13

Joe13
    NW of Vancouver

Homeboy lol:D I love auto correct:confused:

9. Nosferatu

Nosferatu
    Monroe, WA

It's getting 1/2" steel backing which will be through bolted into the wall and floor. They would have to rip the entire side and part of the floor of the trailer out to take the cabinet with them. That's if they even found the cabinet! ;)

Joe13 likes this.