JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Too bad Goose died in the first one (*SPOILER*), Anthony Edward's could probably use the work.

All I can say is that when Stallone got his AARP card he was wise enough to change-up the story line while maintaining a plausible character arc... now he's a trainer. That does not seem to be the case w Cruise.

Too bad Goose died in the first one (*SPOILER*), Anthony Edward's could probably use the work.

All I can say is that when Stallone got his AARP card he was wise enough to change-up the story line while maintaining a plausible character arc... now he's a trainer. That does not seem to be the case w Cruise.

They could bring him back - like in Star Wars. He could guide Maverick on his path to retirement.

Probably not gonna watch this one. Grew up on the first one along with the Rambo series... since this one is being produced.. whats the odds that Charlie Sheen is gonna make a coke fueled final sequel to the Hot Shots series? ;)(they used F-11 Tigers in the first Hot Shots by the way...) for another cheesy movie from the 80s backed by the Pentagon (US Army); may I suggest watching Fire Birds, starring Nicholas Cage, Tommy Lee Jones, and Sean Young? Its basically Top Gun with helicopters...

Isn't Tom Cruise a little short to be a storm trooper? Did he have to sit on a phone book in the cockpit?

His old Gpz 900 kind of rocked though.

Probably not gonna watch this one. Grew up on the first one along with the Rambo series... since this one is being produced.. whats the odds that Charlie Sheen is gonna make a coke fueled final sequel to the Hot Shots series? ;)(they used F-11 Tigers in the first Hot Shots by the way...) for another cheesy movie from the 80s backed by the Pentagon (US Army); may I suggest watching Fire Birds, starring Nicholas Cage, Tommy Lee Jones, and Sean Young? Its basically Top Gun with helicopters...

It was more BS than Top Gun was. I watched it with my dad, who flew Cobras during his last ten years in the Army where he did quite a bit of air to air training. He wasn't impressed in the least bit. Shooting unguided rockets from a hover against moving fighter jets and helicopters? Right.

It was more BS than Top Gun was. I watched it with my dad, who flew Cobras during his last ten years in the Army where he did quite a bit of air to air training. He wasn't impressed in the least bit. Shooting unguided rockets from a hover against moving fighter jets and helicopters? Right.
And the "machine gun effect" from those same 70mm Hydra tubes? Hilarious. Also hilarious, the simulator scene with Nick saying "I AM THE BEST" and losing the game.

Edit; huh. Truth is indeed weirder than fiction, 1978-1979 the US Army and the USAF conducted training experiments pitting helicopters against fighters

That said, I don't recall any actual helicopter to helicopter combat happening with the US Army helos... other countries, maybe?

And the "machine gun effect" from those same 70mm Hydra tubes? Hilarious. Also hilarious, the simulator scene with Nick saying "I AM THE BEST" and losing the game.

That said, I don't recall any actual helicopter to helicopter combat happening with the US Army helos... other countries, maybe?

Mainly the training was to assist Air Force, Navy and Marine pilots how to deal with helicopters. It was in the 80s and most radar had a hard time picking up a low hovering helicopter with all the ground clutter. Fighter tactics with radar guided missiles is to start low and shoot up, vs diving to gain the energy advantage like they did in WWII and Korea. When looking down, fast movers would frequently overshoot and then get a simulated stinger launch on egress.

They theorized in the end the most effective weapon was an unguided bomb. No need for radar lock or heat signatures. If the bomb landed close enough, the helicopter would likely take enough damage to go down.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top