JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I can not personally vouch for this story, but I came across it in a newsletter, "Page Nine", by Alan Korwin.

<broken link removed> has completed an extensive survey of the top brands in the shooting sports. It is part of a 238-page report that received so much coverage you have never even heard of it. Are you using the top brands? Here they are:

Top rifle brand: Remington (17.5% of all purchases)
Top shotgun brand: Remington & Mossberg (virtual tie with 21.5% of all purchases)
Top muzzleloader brand: Thompson Center (31.9% of all purchases)
Top handgun brand: Sturm Ruger (16.7% of all purchases)
Top scope for firearms: Bushnell (17.1% of all purchases)
Top rifle ammunition brand: Remington (25.3% of all purchases)
Top shotgun ammunition brand: Winchester (31.9% of all purchases)
Top handgun ammunition brand: Winchester (22.0% of all purchases)
Top blackpowder brand: Pyrodex (38.7% of all purchases)
Top balls, bullets, or shot brand: Hornady (28.4% of all purchases)
Top reloading bullet brand: Hornady (31.7% of all purchases)
Top reloading primer brand: CCI (38.2% of all purchases)
Top reloading powder brand: Hodgdon (37.8% of all purchases)
Top binocular brand: Bushnell (33.6% of all purchases)
Top holster brand: Uncle Mikes (19.0% of all purchases)
Top knife brand: Gerber (15.0% of all purchases)

For details; <broken link removed>​

LOL

Top rifle brand: Remington (17.5% of all purchases) Not a single one of my rifles is a Remington

Top shotgun brand: Remington & Mossberg (virtual tie with 21.5% of all purchases) Only Shotgun I own is a Remington Bought used
Top muzzleloader brand: Thompson Center (31.9% of all purchases) One of the Two muzzleloaders started as a T/C changed the barrel changed the triggers and it was a Kit and I heavily modified the stock so the rifle looks nothing like a T/C Hawkin except in basic design
Top handgun brand: Sturm Ruger (16.7% of all purchases) Bought one at christmas so thats 32 years as a handgun owner without a ruger 5 months with
Top scope for firearms: Bushnell (17.1% of all purchases) All the cheap scopes I have are Bushnell the good ones aren't

Top rifle ammunition brand: Remington (25.3% of all purchases) How does reloading work into this I might have as many Remington -06 brass as mixed but not as much as military
Top shotgun ammunition brand: Winchester (31.9% of all purchases) Not a box
Top handgun ammunition brand: Winchester (22.0% of all purchases) Only one box of 9mm and one box of .44spl both bought on hunting trips I reload so again how does that figure in
Top blackpowder brand: Pyrodex (38.7% of all purchases) I used one lb in a revolver 20 years ago haven't touched it since I shoot Goex Blackpowder
Top balls, bullets, or shot brand: Hornady (28.4% of all purchases) yep I use a lot of Hornady Bullets I also use as many Speer Sierra Nosler bullets and ALL my round balls are hand cast
Top reloading bullet brand: Hornady (31.7% of all purchases) See above
Top reloading primer brand: CCI (38.2% of all purchases)
Top reloading powder brand: Hodgdon (37.8% of all purchases) NOPE I use Alliant/IMR way more then hodgdans heck I use more Winchester
Top binocular brand: Bushnell (33.6% of all purchases) Nope
Top holster brand: Uncle Mikes (19.0% of all purchases) I have two uncle mikes holsters and 6 I made that get used
Top knife brand: Gerber (15.0% of all purchases) NOPE I spent 14 years as a Custom Knifemaker so what do you think I use LOL

Top brands of what? Cheap/affordable? lol

Most repairs/least repair
Most owned/least owned
best liked/least liked

Lots of ways to rank them.

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

So Mark you aren't the average consumer.

Nope not even close. I've never leased a car and never bought one newer then 7 years old. Only bought one house and almost have it paid off. Only have one credit card in my wallet and maybe use it once a month. Haven't taken a car to a mechanic in 5 years and then only cause it was something only their computer could find.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top