JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I can not personally vouch for this story, but I came across it in a newsletter, "Page Nine", by Alan Korwin.

<broken link removed> has completed an extensive survey of the top brands in the shooting sports. It is part of a 238-page report that received so much coverage you have never even heard of it. Are you using the top brands? Here they are:

Top rifle brand: Remington (17.5% of all purchases)
Top shotgun brand: Remington & Mossberg (virtual tie with 21.5% of all purchases)
Top muzzleloader brand: Thompson Center (31.9% of all purchases)
Top handgun brand: Sturm Ruger (16.7% of all purchases)
Top scope for firearms: Bushnell (17.1% of all purchases)
Top rifle ammunition brand: Remington (25.3% of all purchases)
Top shotgun ammunition brand: Winchester (31.9% of all purchases)
Top handgun ammunition brand: Winchester (22.0% of all purchases)
Top blackpowder brand: Pyrodex (38.7% of all purchases)
Top balls, bullets, or shot brand: Hornady (28.4% of all purchases)
Top reloading bullet brand: Hornady (31.7% of all purchases)
Top reloading primer brand: CCI (38.2% of all purchases)
Top reloading powder brand: Hodgdon (37.8% of all purchases)
Top binocular brand: Bushnell (33.6% of all purchases)
Top holster brand: Uncle Mikes (19.0% of all purchases)
Top knife brand: Gerber (15.0% of all purchases)

For details; <broken link removed>​

LOL

Top rifle brand: Remington (17.5% of all purchases) Not a single one of my rifles is a Remington

Top shotgun brand: Remington & Mossberg (virtual tie with 21.5% of all purchases) Only Shotgun I own is a Remington Bought used
Top muzzleloader brand: Thompson Center (31.9% of all purchases) One of the Two muzzleloaders started as a T/C changed the barrel changed the triggers and it was a Kit and I heavily modified the stock so the rifle looks nothing like a T/C Hawkin except in basic design
Top handgun brand: Sturm Ruger (16.7% of all purchases) Bought one at christmas so thats 32 years as a handgun owner without a ruger 5 months with
Top scope for firearms: Bushnell (17.1% of all purchases) All the cheap scopes I have are Bushnell the good ones aren't

Top rifle ammunition brand: Remington (25.3% of all purchases) How does reloading work into this I might have as many Remington -06 brass as mixed but not as much as military
Top shotgun ammunition brand: Winchester (31.9% of all purchases) Not a box
Top handgun ammunition brand: Winchester (22.0% of all purchases) Only one box of 9mm and one box of .44spl both bought on hunting trips I reload so again how does that figure in
Top blackpowder brand: Pyrodex (38.7% of all purchases) I used one lb in a revolver 20 years ago haven't touched it since I shoot Goex Blackpowder
Top balls, bullets, or shot brand: Hornady (28.4% of all purchases) yep I use a lot of Hornady Bullets I also use as many Speer Sierra Nosler bullets and ALL my round balls are hand cast
Top reloading bullet brand: Hornady (31.7% of all purchases) See above
Top reloading primer brand: CCI (38.2% of all purchases)
Top reloading powder brand: Hodgdon (37.8% of all purchases) NOPE I use Alliant/IMR way more then hodgdans heck I use more Winchester
Top binocular brand: Bushnell (33.6% of all purchases) Nope
Top holster brand: Uncle Mikes (19.0% of all purchases) I have two uncle mikes holsters and 6 I made that get used
Top knife brand: Gerber (15.0% of all purchases) NOPE I spent 14 years as a Custom Knifemaker so what do you think I use LOL

Top brands of what? Cheap/affordable? lol

Most repairs/least repair
Most owned/least owned
best liked/least liked

Lots of ways to rank them.

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

So Mark you aren't the average consumer.

Nope not even close. I've never leased a car and never bought one newer then 7 years old. Only bought one house and almost have it paid off. Only have one credit card in my wallet and maybe use it once a month. Haven't taken a car to a mechanic in 5 years and then only cause it was something only their computer could find.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top