JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What...? o_O

No American Longrifle...?

You know the rifle that helped win our freedom in our War for Independence and The War of 1812.
Not to forget to mention its role in our Westward Expansion.
Hmmm.....
Andy

That's a hard one. So many great guns to consolidate down to only 10.

How about:

1. Colt Single Action Army
2. Colt 1911
3. Glock G17
4. Winchester 1894
5. Mauser 98
6. M16
7. Remington 870
8. S&W m19
9. M1 Garand
10. American Longrifle (for Andy)

Author got it wrong. While realize there can be some subjectiveness to such lists he got it all wrong.

A top 10 list of technology should be the guns that truly changed history the ones that set the trend not for everything that followed .

10 . Brown Bess

9. The Long Rifle

8. 1853 Enfield

7. The Spencer

6. 1886 Lebel

5. 1898 Mauser

4. Maxim Gun

3. M1 Garand

2. STG 44

1. AK47

Pistols really need their own list . I am a big believer that a handgun is what you use to fight your way to a rifle , its not ever nor should it be thought of as the primary weapon.

Like O3A3Sporter said : "subjectiveness"

For me , if I were to make such a list it would be heavy on muzzle loaders and other 19th century firearms.
Shocker I know....:eek: :D

But if I were to include all of my experiences with firearms then , firearms such as the :
M16A1 and A2
CAR15 / M4 Carbine
M21
M24
M203
M60
Would have to be included , because either my use of them or having them available , like the M60 saved my bacon more than a few times....so those would be considered "Greatest" to me at least....:D

Greatest and best are extremely subjective.
A time frame or time line is also a good idea for such lists as nehalemguy suggests.
Andy

Deciding subjectively to assume "greatest" means "biggest," I see many many things wrong with this list. I see no M82A1 and certainly no Paris gun

What...? o_O

No American Longrifle...?

You know the rifle that helped win our freedom in our War for Independence and The War of 1812.
Not to forget to mention its role in our Westward Expansion.
Hmmm.....
Andy

How this did not make that list is unfathomable! :s0060:

1C916CF7-6ED5-41BB-9B63-E4E20E6658BB.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class