JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was not blessed with great teeth and have struggled all of my life with cavities, regardless of my oral hygiene and regular maintenance.

What is a bit odd is that I have way more issues with my upper teeth.

Since I'm up way later then I want to be (feels like I got hit hard in the face/jaw - after pain pills, IB prophen and Tylenol) I wanted to ask what people store for tooth issues in their preparations?

I know powdered cloves are basically what a lot of the dentists topical numbing stuff is derived from so that is on my list to stock along with bottles of oragel.

Anyone have other things they stock for tooth SHTF (besides toothpaste, mouthwash, floss and toothbrushes)?

Vodka, whiskey or whatever ya got! :)

No seriously, take a small swig and hold it on the afflicted area as long as you can stand it. It'll burn! If you're some kind of heathen or a communist I guess you could spit it out. Repeat if necessary but you probably won't have to. A few people I've told about this were amazed that it worked so well.

this thing got me through some bad ones! I tried em all and it's by far the best.
BE95F16D-F81C-40DD-852E-E1B642650F48-2735-00000320F92D07F4_tmp.jpg

Tea tree oil. You can buy the oil almost anywhere. You can order toothpaste containing it online. The oil is good for tons of stuff. I've been using it for various things for almost thirty years.
I used to have bleeding gums a long time ago. It stopped it.
In WW2, the Australian army used to issue it in their first aid kits.

Anyone have other things they stock for tooth SHTF (besides toothpaste, mouthwash, floss and toothbrushes)?

Sterile (or at least not rusty) pair of pliers.

I used to have a dentist (he's since passed on) that drew an Alaskan archery musk ox tag. On his way up, he was traveling with another hunter who asked if he'd brought his "pullin' pliers" because the north slope villages they were going to didn't have dentists and when they discovered he was one, they'd line up. He said he hadn't thought of it.

Sterile (or at least not rusty) pair of pliers.

I used to have a dentist (he's since passed on) that drew an Alaskan archery musk ox tag. On his way up, he was traveling with another hunter who asked if he'd brought his "pullin' pliers" because the north slope villages they were going to didn't have dentists and when they discovered he was one, they'd line up. He said he hadn't thought of it.

That brings up a great point - I was having my tooth yanked out 2 hours ago and all I could think of was "what the hell would I do without a dentist and a pint of numbing stuff in a syringe...."

Brandy, whiskey, clove oil, oragel in tubes, oxycodone. You can also use water and hydrogen peroxide as a mouth wash for an antiseptic.

Salt water....I had my wisdom teeth get inflamed and thought I was going to die...the dentist...kind of a jerk said he wasn't able to see me..... but it he did say rinse and gargle as much of the saltiest water you can. 24 hrs later and I was 100% fine....never happened again.

Vodka, whiskey or whatever ya got! :)

No seriously, take a small swig and hold it on the afflicted area as long as you can stand it. It'll burn! If you're some kind of heathen or a communist I guess you could spit it out. Repeat if necessary but you probably won't have to. A few people I've told about this were amazed that it worked so well.

No self respecting Commie is gonna spit out the vodka. A Presbyterian, maybe.

That brings up a great point - I was having my tooth yanked out 2 hours ago and all I could think of was "what the hell would I do without a dentist and a pint of numbing stuff in a syringe...."

Might have been what you where thinking but all that came out was "MMMFMMSMTM MMSMMMRTGGRMMMMM MMMMMMM MMMFFFFMMMMMMMM FFMMMMRRRRTTTT!!!?!

I just spent my own money on dentures and wish I had done it years ago, no more pain. My teeth were really bad and the dentist would earn a living fixing just mine. Now it's great

I just spent my own money on dentures and wish I had done it years ago, no more pain. My teeth were really bad and the dentist would earn a living fixing just mine. Now it's great

That's the goal for the upper teeth.

My bottom teeth are all good so I'll hang on to them as long as I can. The tops are just getting pulled as they start to cause me pain.

Even with dental though, it's going to be a tax return or some windfall of cash to get the uppers done.

Here without dental it cost around $4300 for pulling and making the denture. Campared with a painful root canal and a cp that cost $1600 per tooth it just didnt' make sense because you will lose those teeth anyway. It's a little struggle to get used to but it's so much better for me. My teeth were painful and after hours and hours in the chair I figured god hated me:D It's all good now and they make great looking teeth I can chase women with.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top