JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Keep it or sell it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reactions
Need some advice.

I hustled to buy this when I saw it come online Glock Parts for Sale | Best Glock Accessories | GlockStore.com and it is beautiful, but I just now took it out of the box to take a few pictures. I carry a knife at all times, just not a fixed blade. My personal firearms rule is "use it every 6 months or someone else should" and it is now affecting how I think about this blade.

Should i just keep it in the back of the safe and hope one day to feel inclined to use it or sell it to someone that would have more use for such a fine piece of steel? If sell, where? You have my gratitude in advance for any help offered.

IMG_0025.JPG
IMG_0026.JPG
IMG_0028.JPG
IMG_0029.JPG

Some things are worth holding onto, even if your not going to use it.

I have a kukuri that most likely will never see use but I like the history and mine is somewhat unique.

I'll second the notion that you should keep it. Not sure what you paid but it would be a great knife for carrying in the field when out in the woods.

If you do decide to sell it I might be interested depending on price. ;)

Because you even brought this up, I say sell it. I have some fancy knives worth $400-700 that have more drool marks than handle marks. Im thinking im going to sell mine :cool:. I always end up using my cheap knives.

I was camping in one of the prominent national parks eating dinner minding my own business about 37 years back when a buddy wandered over from a few campsites over. He say's: "I'll sell you this here knife for $10".

I say: "Don't need a knife".

He says: this is a "Fairbairn-Sykes, you need it to cut your cheese and salami." He hands it over for me to eyeball.

I say: "I have a Swiss Army Knife for Cheese and Salami and I don't have a crapload of loose change spilling out of my pockets." I try and hand it back.

Then he steps back a bit and says: "I don't care, I need money and you're buying the knife to help me out". "Oh, sorry, be glad to help you out man".

And that's how I wound up with a genuine WW2 Fairbairn-Sykes commando knife. He was right, it cut cheese much better than my pissy little knife. Still have it.

Some things are worth holding onto, even if your not going to use it.

I have a kukuri that most likely will never see use but I like the history and mine is somewhat unique.
reminded me of back when i was a kid, me ma and i went to a yard sale with a bunch of neat knives. I was drawn to this Kukuri.. but as a kid, i had no money.. my ma bought a few knives but not that one.. later told me she did not want is as it looked.." used "

Need some advice.

I hustled to buy this when I saw it come online Glock Parts for Sale | Best Glock Accessories | GlockStore.com and it is beautiful, but I just now took it out of the box to take a few pictures. I carry a knife at all times, just not a fixed blade. My personal firearms rule is "use it every 6 months or someone else should" and it is now affecting how I think about this blade.

Should i just keep it in the back of the safe and hope one day to feel inclined to use it or sell it to someone that would have more use for such a fine piece of steel? If sell, where? You have my gratitude in advance for any help offered.

View attachment 408916
View attachment 408917
View attachment 408918
View attachment 408919
I'm new to this site and I collect toor knives. If you still happen to have this knife are you willing to sell it. I'm a serious buyer

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top