Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Toomey/Manchin Amendment Vote at 1:00 pm today..

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by TheHumungus, Apr 17, 2013.

1. TheHumungus

TheHumungus Portland Active Member

Keep calling and e-mailing! We can defeat it!

2. Kable

Kable Lynnwood Active Member

If it dies I just wonder what their next move will be. Hopefully they move on but we all know they will try something sneaky like adding amendments to unrelated bills. We need to stay focused and make sure we don't let them slip anything through the cracks

3. Oklahomie

Oklahomie Marysville Active Member

Like sneaking a bill onto a defense budget....wait.

mosinguy1 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. TheHumungus

The fight will not be over. Far from it. As long as there are liberal fascists living and breathing, they will be back to ban our guns. Just another battle in a never-ending war.

5. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

CCRKBA pulls support for Manchin-Toomey

The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms announced this morning that it has withdrawn its support for the Manchin-Toomey alternative background check measure because a key amendment for restoration of firearms rights is not being considered.

CCRKBA pulls support for Manchin-Toomey - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

6. TheHumungus

I challenge any liberal who wants more gun control or who believes that the public should not be able to own guns in common use to begin the process of a Constitutional Convention to ratify a repeal of the 2nd Amendment. That is the only honorable way for you to do it. You will continue to lose if you try to get the courts to do it, try to use tragedies to do it, or try to chip away at gun ownership at the margins. Either have a straight up fight, or go away.

7. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

I honestly do not think most politicians understand how it is supposed to work.

TheHumungus and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Don H

Don H Oregon Well-Known Member

Excerpts from an interesting commentary over at http://www.shootingwire.com/

9. beavertonbuck

beavertonbuck Beaverton Active Member

Quiet frankly I don't buy Alan's position on this. He wants us to think there is some super secret plan that will allow them to challenge the law down the road or make the law better for us. I think there might be another reason for him to be involved in this that has been brought up.

CCRBKA has been trying to beef up its lobbying presence but obviously has to compete with the NRA. By having a hand in drafting a bill they might be able to hold it out as a success and thus gain more donors and money.

1 person likes this.
  10. tiggers97

tiggers97 United States Well-Known Member

1PM? Sound like I have time during lunch for one more contact...

11. idRATHERbeOUTDOORS

idRATHERbeOUTDOORS Yamhill County Active Member

Patrick Leahy fell off the stupid tree, and aimed for every branch on the way down.

Oklahomie and (deleted member) like this.