JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Take down rifles and shotguns would be very handy should a person want to move and not look like a threat. Of course you would carry a handgun but it might be nice to have a long gun that you can hide in a kit.

Just a short list and you can add to it

Savage made a 99 in 250,3000 that was a takedown.

Armalite, Charter arms and now Henery makes a nice little 22 that floats.

Marlin made the papoose 22lr

Some custom guys made Marlin 4570s in takedown

Of course you can takedown an AR and hide it if it,s short enough.

What else might work?

jj

The Kel-Tec sub2000 would be a great pack gun, especially if you're a Glock or Beretta fan since you can get one that uses the same magazines and ammo as your sidearm, I believe they made one that uses S&W mags as well, though I don't recall what models it shares magazines with

Shovels, rakes, hammers, nails, pickaxes, axes, saws...

But seriously on the guns, just make sure you get common calibers (30-06, .308, .223, 9mm, .40, .45, 12 gauge, etc.). Don't waste money on fancy toys when you will need other things as well (food, water, shelter, etc.) and lots of ammo for said "tools".

browning SA.22, AR or AK pistol, Wetherby CFP in rifle caliber, Savage striker, remington XP-R, Short TC carbine... and many more... but specially that new Keltec 12 guage!
A1 :s0114:

OH Yes the Browning BLR comes with separate Mags, and there is a take down model. Very good!
Please be cautious of those who use a winchester '97 in slam fire mode though.

Last Edited:
winchester model 12's were take down guns. But I would have a really hard time cutting down a barrel to 18" for an HD type gun, unless it was a very poor specimen and wasn't worth much. They are great SG's.

But I think the kel-tecs are the winners in the take down + firepower department. They fold up nice and small.

I'm kind of wanting a beretta cx4 that will share mags with my px4 storm pistol.

But in all honesty, For real SHTF type of scenario where weight is a big factor, a simple shoulder stock for my glock would make a world of difference.

It's amazing what a glock 17L will do at 100 yards with a good shoulder stock.

I think you mentioned the armalite ar-7 explorer rifle.. although i have never owned one,, i think they are kinda neat as they disassemble and everything fits in the composite buttstock and floats.. can be had with 5-10 and 15 round mags. (.22lr)

I'm kind of wanting a beretta cx4 that will share mags with my px4 storm pistol.

But in all honesty, For real SHTF type of scenario where weight is a big factor, a simple shoulder stock for my glock would make a world of difference.

It's amazing what a glock 17L will do at 100 yards with a good shoulder stock.

except for the fact that it would become an illegal SBR under a normal, non-SHTF environment. I would think that even possessing the stock would show intent to build an SBR. I think I would avoid that one personally. Besides the cx4 is sweet.

Neither is my M60......er I mean IF I had one. But you can drop the barrel in a second and it makes a nice compact package that fits in a shoulder bag.

Dont think you really have to worry about 922r when talking about US made guns since it deals with imports.

But here is some M60 goodness :D

SAR60.jpg

Dont think you really have to worry about 922r when talking about US made guns since it deals with imports.

But here is some M60 goodness :D

SAR60.jpg
Of course.....but importing an equal would be a little tricky
One thing I learned early on with that little gem......you lead a boarding party onto the deck of a boat packing one of those and you get INSTANT respect. :s0155:

Of course.....but importing an equal would be a little tricky
One thing I learned early on with that little gem......you lead a boarding party onto the deck of a boat packing one of those and you get INSTANT respect. :s0155:

you a puddle pirate too?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads