JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like it's going to come off till the gun floats.

Thanks for the input. Appreciate it. (My learning curve is steep)

or ? you could put a A.R.M.S model 41-B out there, if your going to be using optics, the 41-B , folds down, it looks like a standard A2 front sight,
i have one on my custom dissy build.mid-length.

you have a very nice rifle'
the DD free floaters are the cats meow :)

enjoy the BRD !! THERES no CURE :)

Black Rifle Disease. It's an incurable disease that attacks your wallet, and makes you purchase every AR carbine in sight. ;)

Good choice for rifle, the S&W is a great first choice, much better than a Bushmaster, RRA or DPMS that most first timers purchase, but I'll be honest, and I am not trying to hate or bash, but I think you are wasting some cash with the way you are going about it. It's your money not mine, so I won't tell you were to spend it.

But, if I was you, I would make a list of what you really want to accomplish with the AR, and then head over to M4carbine.net, and do a bit of research.

I've seen lot's of people waste tons of cash building up AR's without a real clear game plan. I've done it myself as well.

Black Rifle Disease. It's an incurable disease that attacks your wallet, and makes you purchase every AR *rifle* in sight. ;)

Good choice for rifle, the S&W is a great first choice, much better than a Bushmaster, RRA or DPMS that most first timers purchase, but I'll be honest, and I am not trying to hate or bash, but I think you are wasting some cash with the way you are going about it. It's your money not mine, so I won't tell you were to spend it.

But, if I was you, I would make a list of what you really want to accomplish with the AR, and then head over to M4carbine.net, and do a bit of research.

I've seen lot's of people waste tons of cash building up AR's without a real clear game plan. I've done it myself as well.

M4carbean is a good site.

but ALSO check out ....

www.retroblackrifle.com

that'll make ya drool !!! :)

peabody

Thanks to.....

Deadeye!!!!
I was able to score a floating quad rail for this setup!!!!

Much appreciation. Thanks so much for the information tonight as well.

10%207%3A51%3A09%20PM.jpg

I need to pick up an adapter so I can mount my bipod on the rail and I'll be good to go!

10%207%3A51%3A09%20PM.jpg

I pulled my VFG off and installed my bipod back on since I picked up a rail to stud adapter.

Now I'm rolling along.

Also picked up an ergo grip from ABG Buyers in Corvallis and I really like that more than the hard ace plastic one that was on it.

Still have only shot 60 rounds through it. Haven't had time to go do some zeroing with the cold snap and rain. :-(

OD Green coming off. Going different color route.
M4 profile barrel has been removed, quad rail put up. Building for accuracy like my .22

Barrel change was to a 20" Stainless heavy (obvious to those who see the photo) and tubular free float, railed gas block.

Shot waayyyy more than 6 rounds through it now. It's so hungry for ammo...
Used it this last year for deer. SCORE! Oh the looks I get.

So now I have a gently used barrel, quad rail and low pro gas block taking up space in my little closet.

733834_4414385518354_721632522_n.jpg

2-1/2 years later the build is finished.

S&W Upper & Lower
PSA 1:7 CHF 5.56 barrel with midlength gas
Leupold quick release rings
Nikon P-223 Scope (not pictured)
Magpul FDE:

• Handguard
  • ACS Stock
  • MOE+ Grip
  • B.A.D. Lever
A.R.M.S. Swan #38 Riser/Backup sights
Vltor Single point sling plate
Blackhawk Single Point Sling