JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
He had a blast. He's right on the cusp of 5, enjoys watching Top Shot, is already adept at helping me load magazines and is eerily good with gun safety. Went out to Stevenson, my new favourite range, and had a great time. I bought a bolt action .22 from a member a while back and fitted it with a cheap-o red dot.

The range was clean but full so we had to wait a while but the people there eventually cleaned out and cleaned up. I went over basic safety, how to aim and warned him about how loud it was. Put in a brace of Aguila Super-Colibri and helped him keep position. The subsonics were a great starting point I thought since there was virtually no sound at all. He loved it! After the tube was empty I graduated him up to some full strength .22s and he was plinking away with abandon, me working the bolt for him. He learned alot about how to aim, how to pull the trigger and all.

It was a great day and he was excited the entire time. We had a couple safety gaffs, but I was right by him and kept mishaps to 'almost' instead of bad things happening.

We also got to try out some hand loads I worked up for my wife to use. Good day all around.

6264700036_882a1c9c44.jpg

Safety gaffs? Like him not wearing safety glasses? (come on,you knew that was coming)

Great times are had taking the kids out ,aren't they? Heck mine's bigger than me now and he's teaching his 8yo how to shoot.
Looks like he's left eye dominant? And I was going to say "she",cause that's a pretty cute kid ya got! (don't tell him about the she part)

Good stuff

Good job Dad! I can't wait until my son is a little older. He is only 3 but he already asks me when I will take him shooting with me. On a side note, where are the safety glasses for your son?

Safety gaffs? Like him not wearing safety glasses? (come on,you knew that was coming)

Great times are had taking the kids out ,aren't they? Heck mine's bigger than me now and he's teaching his 8yo how to shoot.
Looks like he's left eye dominant? And I was going to say "she",cause that's a pretty cute kid ya got! (don't tell him about the she part)

Good stuff

He got his glasses shortly after! Was getting him familiar with the rifle prior to shooting, but I did nearly forget them. No, the gaff was him wanting to walk around the front of the benches as opposed to the rear when someone was shooting. He did that a couple times but I was arm's reach each time and got him wrangled with little incident.

He gets 'she' all the time. We've both got hair to our belts so it's par for the course.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top