JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I called the gun range that my work colleague is member of to see if they allow steel cased ammo to be shot there. They said yes but it needs to be non-magnet since steel or bimetal cores since it ruins the ranges backstops.

I do have some Golden Tiger rounds but they are bimetal and not allowed. I fired 120 rounds through it today. The recoil is not too bad but after 120 rounds my shoulder is a bit sore.

The only mistake I made was not pulling the charging handle back completely to to pull to hammer back so my AK47 went, "click". :eek:

Anyways it is nice AK-47 and was relatively cheap so I am happy. :)

I'm not going to be able to get out this weekend with mine but will the Sat after.

It's my first AK so I'm looking forward to playing with it. I've shot a few before but it's always nice when it's your own.

Going to be my new trunk gun.;)

GT is good ammo, for me it has been pretty accurate.
I have a stash of older Wolf non magnetic and Yugo M67 that I use for PR matches...the M67 is probably some of the best surplus x39 ammo ever, just have to remember its corrosive and clean accordingly.

Welcome to club WASR.

Yeah, c'mon in the water is fine! :D

CD0BABB3-AFA3-402A-B35B-DE19BC12EFAC.jpeg 61971F21-7B98-4373-9270-34A8987A55E3.jpeg C19DE47F-4481-49F7-9485-CCBFEC9C29D5.jpeg

I'm not going to be able to get out this weekend with mine but will the Sat after.

It's my first AK so I'm looking forward to playing with it. I've shot a few before but it's always nice when it's your own.

Going to be my new trunk gun.;)

We shall dub your new acquisition and hence call it.... "Trunk Monkey". ;)

Great rifles. Be rough with them, you can't hurt'em.

Ive since sold nearly all my AK's.. but wasrs were my favorite and by far had the most accessories available for that particular style of AK. Glad you enjoyed your new toy! Shoot on public land and really let the rounds fly.. you'll have way more fun.

That something I'd like to upgrade as well. Mine has tapco plastic all over it currently.
I bought mine all Tapco'd out with a side folding stock. I hated it at first but came to find out that it's pretty well designed and will take a beating. Haven't had to replace or repair anything on it yet. I did replace the Tapco pistol grip with and Israeli grip. Much more comfortable. Those thumb hole wood stocks always remind me of Planet of the Apes.

IMG_20160525_205346.png

I bought mine all Tapco'd out with a side folding stock. I hated it at first but came to find out that it's pretty well designed and will take a beating. Haven't had to replace or repair anything on it yet. I did replace the Tapco pistol grip with and Israeli grip. Much more comfortable. Those thumb hole wood stocks always remind me of Planet of the Apes.

View attachment 592729

I like the adjustable LOP and it seems comfortable, but will have to shoot it to know.

I'm not in a hurry, just wanted to get at least one before doomsday in a week:mad::(

IMG_4139.JPG

Is that cleaning rod loose on the left most AK-47? I didn't secure mine all the way in on my WASR 10 an after about 10 rounds It going to fall out.
Its secure on both of my AKs. The cleaning rod does rattle but its supposed to go into a notch underneath the front sight to prevent it from moving out.

I run a recoil buffer in my AK. I've seen slow motion videos of the bolt carrier smacking into the rear trunnion, yet a lot of folks say that the AK doesn't need a recoil buffer lol.... ooooookay!
Anyway, right now I have a strike industries blue recoil buffer.
I have never had an issue with rounds not loading properly and no extraction/ejection issues either. The recoil is softer and more enjoyable IMO.
20190720_043008.jpg

I run a recoil buffer in my AK. I've seen slow motion videos of the bolt carrier smacking into the rear trunnion, yet a lot of folks say that the AK doesn't need a recoil buffer lol.... ooooookay!
Anyway, right now I have a strike industries blue recoil buffer.
I have never had an issue with rounds not loading properly and no extraction/ejection issues either. The recoil is softer and more enjoyable IMO.
View attachment 601919

Does that recoil buffer show any strike marks on it?