JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought my son his first gun, an 870 for his 16th birthday. Took him to the Vancouver Trap Club today to try it out. He had never shot trap before. Doug there gave him some instruction and turned him loose.

He hit 17 or 18 in his first round and before we left, he scored one round with 20/25.

He really enjoyed it.

20190901_120228.jpg

Last Edited:
I took my son out again today for his second time shooting trap. Doug offered to give him some tips and on his last round, he broke 24/25. If I wasn't there I wouldn't have believed it. It was stunning to watch. Doug was visibly impressed.

I'm so proud.

I'm trying to find something in the area. I understand there is an organization called Woodland Clay Crushers but half of their practice sessions are in Ranier. Too far.

There is a guy at Vancouver Trap that brings his son to practice on Thursdays, I believe, ask Doug. He may be able to put you in touch with the right people. I think his son went to BattleGround or Woodland but not positive. Good Luck...

There is a guy at Vancouver Trap that brings his son to practice on Thursdays, I believe, ask Doug. He may be able to put you in touch with the right people. I think his son went to BattleGround or Woodland but not positive. Good Luck...

Yeah, I believe I talked wit him. That's how I found out about the Woodland Clay Crushers. He gave me the phone number of someone who can help.

I took my son out again today for his second time shooting trap. Doug offered to give him some tips and on his last round, he broke 24/25. If I wasn't there I wouldn't have believed it. It was stunning to watch. Doug was visibly impressed.

I'm so proud.
Your son is doing awesome! Sounds like hes a natural. Keep taking him, it sounds like hes going to be a great competitor. Who said 870's dont make great trap guns? One piece of advice, have him shoot light loads so the recoil doesnt get to him. Too much recoil could induce flinch or other bad habits. Sounds like Doug is giving excellent instruction and your son must be a good listener and quick learner. Good on dad for taking him and supporting and introducing him to trap shooting!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top