JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Very happy for you @BrandonOR! Everyone must have a Ruger 10/22, it is one of those classic American guns.

If you end up buying extended mags (Butler Creek or Ruger) do yourself a favor and get the Butler Creek loader. You dump ammo in there and turn the wheel to feed it into the magazines. Saves A LOT of time.

Yes forgot to mention those. They take a little getting used to how it works but damn they are nice for loading 25 round mags. I forget to toss mine in my bag one trip out and was kicking myself the whole time I was trying to load those mags LOL

Excellent choice for a first gun, Brandon. Thanks for sharing your excitement with us. Brings back memories. Opening a long-shaped Christmas present from my Dad when I was 12. A single shot Mossburg .22.
Carol

@BrandonOR , I've been going to the indoor range several times per week lately. It's a 22lr only range but has heat and is well ventilated. You are welcome to come along and shoot paper targets to figure out your sights. It free to bring a visitor and is only a couple miles off of Cordon RD. My daughter has been training there and so I typically take a few other 22's for something to do.

That rifle is like Legos. What can't you do with it?

Enjoy.

If you are wanting competition - the Steel is your game. Stock 10/22's are competitive.

If you are looking to improve skills, Project Appleseed is the place you want to connect ( a supporting vendor /group here on NWFA)

ps. Thank you for packing out more than you packed in. That garbage is what will get shooters ban'd from the woods.

Hi BrandonOR!! If going to buy another Ruger .22, consider getting a Ruger American Rimfire bolt action... uses the same mags and is a "little" more accurate. I like to shoot .22lr Steel Silhouette and those guys are always kicking my butt.

Consider a bull barrel and/or a 1" tubed scope someday. Great for shooting squeaks and for target/LDsteel!!!

Hoping you rx brick after brick of ammo for Christmas!!!

I got one as my first firearm purchase, of course, I was a kid in California, so I had to wait 14 days for it, and 12 days before I picked it up, picked up an SKS same day.

I like the nikon P rimfire 4-12 myself for scope.
I like Kidd and volquartsen triggers. Mine prefers Geco ammo, though CCI standard is good too. Mine won't feed federal and never has. Pick up a can for it to totally take the fun over the top.

I like the nikon P rimfire 4-12 myself for scope.
I like Kidd and volquartsen triggers. Mine prefers Geco ammo, though CCI standard is good too. Mine won't feed federal and never has. Pick up a can for it to totally take the fun over the top.

Hmmm, I looked for the Nikon P rimfire and all I could find was either a 2-7 or a 6-18... the 2-7 said discontinued by maker.

Yup a trigger upgrade is a great thing. I installed one and never looked back!

Weird that your 10-22 won't feed a common make of ammo... one would have thought that a .22lr should feed everything!! Oh well, lots of other ammo out there eh.

Hmmm, I looked for the Nikon P rimfire and all I could find was either a 2-7 or a 6-18... the 2-7 said discontinued by maker.

Yup a trigger upgrade is a great thing. I installed one and never looked back!

Weird that your 10-22 won't feed a common make of ammo... one would have thought that a .22lr should feed everything!! Oh well, lots of other ammo out there eh.
While I would love a 6x18, mine is marked 4x12 on my 10/22. I have one arriving tomorrow for a 17hmr. Nikon ProStaff Rimfire II 4-12x40 Matte BDC Riflescope 16330, Color: Black, Tube Diameter: 1 in, 17% Off — Free 2 Day Shipping w/ code 2DAYAIR

where are these 6x18s available?

@BrandonOR , I've been going to the indoor range several times per week lately. It's a 22lr only range but has heat and is well ventilated. You are welcome to come along and shoot paper targets to figure out your sights. It free to bring a visitor and is only a couple miles off of Cordon RD. My daughter has been training there and so I typically take a few other 22's for something to do.

I will definitely take you up on that sometime.

Consider a red dot(looks like a red laser dot) There was one; a Holosun HS403a for $100 just sold in Optics Classifieds here.
That red dot would make you're 22lr a FUN gun better.
That price isn't much for the return... Consider a red dot some are less than $100 new.

My friend also has a recently acquired (1st week of Nov.) Ruger 10/22. It started out as a plain jane wood stocked std SS bbl model. He already had a good scope for it. So, we took it out for a spin and next thing you know.....

He's got the bug.

New purchases include:
More Magazines, 10 rds and 25 rds (Ruger BX-25)
Green Mountain 20" SS bull bbl (which I sold him)
New Buffer
Ruger BX trigger group (purchased two)
Hogue Overmould Stock

I think that he might be considering another one soon. You know, since he has that extra trigger group.:eek:

Anyway, enjoy your rifle.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I like scopes over red dots myself. I burn thousands of rounds with mine. I find that being able to hit at 100 yards, silently, small targets to be a blast.

Lightnin' Grip Loader

my recommendation. There are a lot of speed loaders out there for .22lr, but not so many that are capable of loading more than 1 type of magazine.

the mcfaden loader uses different adapters for different guns. so same speed loader can load my 15-22, 10-22, and P22 by just swapping magazine adapters and clicking the magazine on to the loader.

Other than that have fun!

Oh a .22 cal bore snake comes in handy as well. Can use them for your 22 pistols, rifles, and .223/5.56x45 rifles/pistols as well!

makes cleaning the bore pretty painless and is very effective.

Lightnin' Grip Loader

my recommendation. There are a lot of speed loaders out there for .22lr, but not so many that are capable of loading more than 1 type of magazine.

the mcfaden loader uses different adapters for different guns. so same speed loader can load my 15-22, 10-22, and P22 by just swapping magazine adapters and clicking the magazine on to the loader.

Other than that have fun!

Oh a .22 cal bore snake comes in handy as well. Can use them for your 22 pistols, rifles, and .223/5.56x45 rifles/pistols as well!

makes cleaning the bore pretty painless and is very effective.

Thanks, cleaning questions were coming soon. I have a hoppes kit and have been looking into boresnakes too

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top