JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
on a side note, whats up with every one leaning back... lean in to the weapon, makes recoil much easier to deal with... just saying.

I generally see this with women. Guns are heavy so they are leaning back to help compensate from the weight. The other big reason is they have never been taught how to hold one right.

Of course give them a quick lesson and some trigger time this goes away.

My daughter is only 2 and a half and I can't wait to go shooting with her.

Why are you waiting? Why cant she go now? Why not get her exposed early and in the right ways?

Nephew was just over 3 in this pic. He got to shoot 5 rounds. You will not believe how long he talked about "shooting bears with uncle John", that is what he came up with.

DSCF1308.jpg
Yes I know we dont have eye protection (I am bad about that). The ammo we were shooting was the very quiet kind specifically so we did not have to wear hearing so there was no question about him hearing commands.

Why are you waiting? Why cant she go now? Why not get her exposed early and in the right ways?

Nephew was just over 3 in this pic. He got to shoot 5 rounds. You will not believe how long he talked about "shooting bears with uncle John", that is what he came up with.

DSCF1308.jpg
Yes I know we dont have eye protection (I am bad about that). The ammo we were shooting was the very quiet kind specifically so we did not have to wear hearing so there was no question about him hearing commands.

That is awesome!!! Uncle John rocks! :)

I think my Daughter was 5 the first time I took her shooting. She's 7 and got her first .22 last year for xmas. Gotta start em younger so they aren't afraid. But good job anyways.

I got my daughter her first weapon at 5, it was a pink henry cricket .22 bolt. She really liked that gun especially the process involved in dealing with loading the bolt. That gun unfortunately was stolen (along with some other special guns) but now she has a Rossi match set .22 and 410 shotty, she likes it but shes 11 now and time to upgrade to a semi I think. Here is a pic of her at last years full auto shoot at Albany, she handled the MP5 very well and anytime she started to climb she let off the trigger and reset. The photo was taken by a professional photographer (which I cant remember his name atm but ill post it after work today)
lu4c0221edited1ltfb.jpg

My now-10 year old keeps asking me when her Bersa .22 is coming in... I told her we could have already picked up a two-tone one... she says UGH, No...I want black.

Her patience will be rewarded eventually...

Tomorrow morning we hit the range with my Old man, She's going to try my Blackhawk with some mousefart-SWC loads...

Best part of my week!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top