JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm pretty much a firearms owner noob so I haven't gotten the chance to get one in the hands of my daughter to teach her some fundamentals and firearms safety like I've been wanting to do for so long. Well this weekend we were visiting family and got a chance to take my guns out for a helluva good time! She was very nervous about pulling the trigger the first time and just stood there for a couple minutes looking through the scope before she asked me to help her hold it (it was so cute). So I helped her with the first round and then she was in love and didn't want to stop! :) She LOVED my 10/22, hated my Glock 19 lol, and really hated my uncle's Benelli 20 ga lol. Good times! We even had a shootout between her and her cousin who is a boy, the same age and has been a hunter for years. They were shooting at clay pigeons from 100 yards while standing. She hit on the second shot while he missed both haha! It was an awesome time! :thumb:

Me helping her with her first ever shot!

Starting to get the hang of it.

Stone cold killer lol!

Terrified of the Glock recoil compared to the 10/22 lol.

"Ow, this one hurts!"

Me killing clay pigeons with my Mossberg 590. :)

Great family past time! I have been shooting with my kids since they were about four years old. instead of pictures of teen idols on thier walls, they have targets with the bullseyes blown out! good on ya for getting your daughter involved!

Looks good. I took my daughter out for the first time last year (she was 14) and within a short time she was shooting an Israeli Galil and a Kimber .45 and others and she was like an old pro. She had no problem with the recoil. But my youngest son (10 last year) prefers the .22 as it has virtually no recoil.

Sorry for hijacking this a little, but I can't help it. I have to post my pic too.
AmandaWithGalil.jpg

girls really do enjoy shooting if give a little training on a gun that isn't going to scare them half to death on the 1st shot.gun fit makes a huge difference too. a syn stocked 10-22 is hard to beat for putting a huge grin on their faces. add a red dot and the hits are almost immediate.

my wife loves to go shooting, wish we could do it more...

on a side note, whats up with every one leaning back... lean in to the weapon, makes recoil much easier to deal with... just saying.

my wife loves to go shooting, wish we could do it more...

on a side note, whats up with every one leaning back... lean in to the weapon, makes recoil much easier to deal with... just saying.

Now the real fun is when they say "So.... when we going next?"

Been working with my son on that one as well. Lean into it. Don't be afraid.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top