JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
dx1.jpg
OUCH!

deer a tough animals! same with elk!!

had that been a rage or mechanical broadhead the deer would likely have went down instead of being wounded.

this is what makes me upset is all these "greenies" who hate hunting already rally to restrict certain states from using mechanical broadheads then b!tch about how bowhunters wound animals.

yes, people have been traditional archery hunting for a VERY long time and i respect that. i understand how bowhunting is supposed to be challenging; reguardless of equipment it is very hard.

as a bowhunter, i would feel much better about a mechanical broadhead than a 1 1/8" broadhead going thru a game animal.

im not saying all shots with a mechanical broadhead will put an animal down, but i do think the odds are in the hunters favor more, though.

i guess "thats bowhuntin'"

I'll probably have all the archery hunters winging arrows at my house for this. But I've been hunting since I was a little fellow and am an old man now, and in all those countless hunting trips I've ran across perhaps 15 to 18 dead deer or elk with an arrow in them and all ripped apart by scavengers, coyotes I suspect. It's got to be a cruel way to die. Fairness to this matter causes me to mention this: rifle hunters likely have some bad shots on animals that they never find. And if a hunter runs across a carcass of one it's not possible to tell how it died. I have no metrics on this, but I strongly suspect that more animals are lost to poor shots by bow hunters than by rifle hunters. Either way, my prayer has always been that when I shoot and begin my walk to where the animal fell, it'll be dead when I get there.

I'll probably have all the archery hunters winging arrows at my house for this. But I've been hunting since I was a little fellow and am an old man now, and in all those countless hunting trips I've ran across perhaps 15 to 18 dead deer or elk with an arrow in them and all ripped apart by scavengers, coyotes I suspect. It's got to be a cruel way to die. Fairness to this matter causes me to mention this: rifle hunters likely have some bad shots on animals that they never find. And if a hunter runs across a carcass of one it's not possible to tell how it died. I have no metrics on this, but I strongly suspect that more animals are lost to poor shots by bow hunters than by rifle hunters. Either way, my prayer has always been that when I shoot and begin my walk to where the animal fell, it'll be dead when I get there.
yep, ive never had a deer get away from me after a gun shot.

it CAN happen but, the hydrostatic shock of a bullet usually puts them down if the vitals are missed.

i bowhunt too, i dont deny your opinion one bit. it happens. sad but true. i have come to terms that if i do not absolutely without a doubt have a good shot, then i wont take the shot. even with a good shot, an animals wound can heal up, even on a double lung shot they'll sometimes bleed internally and then theres no blood trail.

once again "thats bowhuntin'"

deer a tough animals! same with elk!!

had that been a rage or mechanical broadhead the deer would likely have went down instead of being wounded.

this is what makes me upset is all these "greenies" who hate hunting already rally to restrict certain states from using mechanical broadheads then b!tch about how bowhunters wound animals.

yes, people have been traditional archery hunting for a VERY long time and i respect that. i understand how bowhunting is supposed to be challenging; reguardless of equipment it is very hard.

as a bowhunter, i would feel much better about a mechanical broadhead than a 1 1/8" broadhead going thru a game animal.

im not saying all shots with a mechanical broadhead will put an animal down, but i do think the odds are in the hunters favor more, though.

i guess "thats bowhuntin'"
Aren't mechanical broadheads illegal in Oregon?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top