JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went out shooting yesterday with a friend...
Being me of course , I first introduced her to muzzleloading firearms , which she took to , like a duck to water.
After some looking around and much research , she bought herself a BP rifle and assorted gear to make it go boom...
We have shot those a bit before and made another "shooting date" for yesterday...

So...
Yesterday she shot a .22 rifle for the first time ( My Remington model 33 ) ...
Her response was : "I need to get one of these...! "
And now she is looking into getting a .22 rifle...:D

No real reason for this post , other than , be sure to take a friend out shooting...you never know what interest you may spark....
Andy

I like this post just because of the Remington 33. I have one with almost wore out rifling that's been a hand me down.

I like this post just because of the Remington 33. I have one with almost wore out rifling that's been a hand me down.

The Remington 33 is a sweet , smooth and sure shooting rifle...
Now if only gun companies today , made a well finished adult sized single shot bot action rifle ....while it wouldn't out sell the Ruger 10/22 series of rifles....it may help introduce the simple joys of a well made single shot rifle.
Andy

Happily married? Open marriage? Details are important. :rolleyes:

My buddy wanted a .300 BLK after shooting my pistol, and now he wants an AK in 5.56 or 5.45 after shooting my Arsenal 106. I think I feed bad habits too.
Going to go all Bowerbird and try to woo her with your stuff?
1B43A2E1-E8A6-4B0D-A7E8-41897C896320.jpeg

This is a great story Andy! I think it is important to introduce people to new things. Its always nice to have a new member to the gun world especially a female.
Thank you...
How it started was through a shared liking of history...
Then of course a cautious : "Hey I have and shoot some antique muzzleloaders..."
Followed by her shooting some and getting a muzzleloader of her own...

More conversations came later of the "Well why do people own guns / why do people own different types of guns...? "
She is a deep thinker for sure and open to learning more about the "why" of things...by no means anti-gun , but just curious...

It has been fun to watch her interests develop and grow...I have found that this is best done by simply suggesting different things and not pushing my likes or dislikes on her as a new shooter...
As long as she shoots safely and has fun...that is the most important thing.
Andy

I am still trying to wrap my mind around my buddy Andy having a friend.

Sorry buddy, some days I just do not have the control button wired up properly ... ;)

No worries...and I am amazed myself...as my invisible friend , doesn't even like me...:eek::D

Andy, I SWEAR that I had absolutely nothing to do with it..... this time! :eek: :s0112:

Good thing you're not a drug dealer, you'd probably clean up with your subtle tactics. I'm sure glad you're on OUR side! ;):s0155:

See sometimes it pays to be nice....:D
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews