Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Took a chunk out of my trigger finger

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pietro beretta, Apr 17, 2012.

1. pietro beretta

pietro beretta Spokane, WA Active Member 2016 Volunteer

So I had a little accident at work today and took a good chunk out of the pad of my trigger finger.

Sad days, looks like I wont be practicing for a month. I can barely get it to stop bleeding as it is. :dynamite:

Maybe its time to practice left handed ? :confused:

2. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

:needpics:

3. SonicBlue03

SonicBlue03 Snohomish Well-Known Member

Practice WHAT left handed?

TMI.

unklekippy and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Slowpoke

Slowpoke Beaverton Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Me too, me too, I wanna see!!! :cam:

5. DeletedUser1

DeletedUser1 Member

come on blood and guts

6. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

Yep

7. cityrice

cityrice vancouver wa Active Member

Ouch! I feel your pain.
    I cut the joint on my trigger finger last month got 7 stitches. I went out shootin a week later hurt like hell! Had to start shooting with my middle finger did ok with the glock 19, but the 1911 was too much to handle.

Stitches are removed now and the cut has healed, but i still have swelling and loss of movement that i hope to regain eventually.
    Best of luck on your situation.

120310_002-1-1.jpg

8. FatherHolyHoly

FatherHolyHoly MN Active Member

Pretty bad.
    Raelene-cut-off-finger-assessment-by-Michelle%u0025255B1%255D.jpg
    You need to trim your fingernails though.

Raelene-cut-off-finger-assessment-by-Michelle%u0025255B1%255D.jpg

9. DeletedUser1

DeletedUser1 Member

wrong hand

10. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

Looks like soom pictures they showed us when I was active duty. You know, do not wear rings or such when working on the aircraft or the equipment. Hope your finger heals soon.

11. pietro beretta

Thought it was worse when it happened, here is a pic of my finger tonight.

Meh, nothing too major.... at least its not like my brothers leg...

2012-04-18_04-45-03_747.jpg

419982_216140201815976_1020165303_n.jpg

12. pietro beretta

I'm pro at that, I am left handed as far as thats concerned, but I have my wife anyhow :partyman:

13. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

wow, thats a nasty looking wound on your bros leg. what the heck happened?

14. bnz43

bnz43 eugene Active Member

glue it!

15. pietro beretta

Motorcycle accident, circulatory collapse in his leg, they had to operate to restore blood flow -- he tore apart his knee -- 3/4 ligaments are no longer attached at this point in time.

It's really bad, still -- he is/was a carpenter and has been out of work for 3 years, no insurance. ::sigh::

16. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

boy that sucks big time, I wish him all the best.

17. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

Shoot with your middle finger and use your disabled trigger finger to point. You could actually develop quicker target acquisition because of it. It's good to have a backup plan and know that you can still get disabled shots off in a defensive situation. I have been laid up since 12/21 of last year and had back surgery on 1/26. My point is, that when I had the strength, I started working on rifle shooting positions and holding my crosshairs on targets out my front and back windows. I then worked on two-handed, then one handed pistol drills that I created, once I was strong enough to hold the firearm at arms length. These are things that I have done since age 7, but being "disabled" puts a different perspective on things. A serious pistoleer, rifleman or shooter in general can and should work on breathing techniques, trigger control and sight picture. When one part of the body is failing you, that is in some cases the best time to point out and correct flaws in your technique. I miss actually firing a gun. I took out some .22's and a few pistols last weekend. I can comfortably shoot pistols of any caliber, but shouldering a rifle, even a .22 with a rest, is a painful venture. I don't want to think of what the centerfire bolt actions would do to me right now. I will, however, not allow my firearms to collect dust as I heal. When you are not firing it as fast as you buy it/reload it, you can stock up a good supply of ammo for when you heal. Basically, try to keep that cup half full. A wound like yours on a trigger finger can take a long time to heal because of the constant usage of that finger. Still, all is not lost. Best wishes on a speedy recovery. Also, best wishes to your brother as well. That looks like he potentially could have lost the leg. Thank God for modern medicine. Kip.