JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It was so nice today I had close up shop early, and head to hills for some tax write off "holster testing". :) Had a great time shooting and breaking off the rust from being such a pansy fair weather shooter lately haha.

Took some video to critique since everybody else was still at work and I had nobody to go shoot with. :( In the end of a rifle drill I thought I felt the rifle run dry, looked for an open bolt and then proceed to step away from cover. Good thing for video because I didn't even realize it until watching later. oops..

Thought I would share here for anyone that may not already know the drill.

Drill: Shoot around a barrier utilizing cover. In my case I just used a tree (anything works) and set my target about 10 yards behind it. Alternate shots on either side of the barrier and alternate number of shots on target, make up any missed shots, reload when necessary. Good for pistols and carbines. Alternative style/size/shaped barriers can be used if you have them. Steel targets help for hit/miss identification.

***Disclaimer: this is NOT a "how to" or "technique demo" just me shooting a drill trying to get better.

Looks like fun! I'm hoping for good weather at some point this weekend. I might even try something like that. Cool post!
Does that build require the manufacturer's/reloading FFL? Is it a difficult build, or could anyone who reads instructions carefully do it?

Fair-weather Pansey = smart in my book.....Then again, I already have the T shirt for being miserable on the range.

Thanks for the vid.
Well with gusts to 20mph I'm guessing my groups won't be much to show
Over here it's either nice or the weather comes with winds. Or just winds in the afternoon. Like I said doesn't make for tight groups

Does that build require the manufacturer's/reloading FFL? Is it a difficult build, or could anyone who reads instructions carefully do it?
No FFL required to assemble the gun. You do the background check on the serialized lower when you buy it. The rest of the stuff you can order online to be delivered to your house.

I assembled an AR lower using instructions found online, so it can't be all that hard. It just takes the ability to read and some basic hand tools.

Thanks! I guess if I was making the parts it'd be different. Wonder why they don't do that for the barrel tho... oh well!

I managed to get up in the hills and free of the poor weather today, it was beautiful and felt great!

Thanks! I guess if I was making the parts it'd be different. Wonder why they don't do that for the barrel tho... oh well!

I managed to get up in the hills and free of the poor weather today, it was beautiful and felt great!
The barrel takes a lot of specialized machinery to make it accurate. Big money machines not just some harbor freight hand tools

I got out today at a small out of the way pit near home & picked so much brass that I didn't shoot and now I'm on meds..... :(:(:(:(
Good Lawdy I hit the mother load & was able to meet my brass pickin competition, but i got all the 223.....;);););)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top