JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Earlier this month I sent off the paperwork for my Florida permit and it has already arrived! Either they're getting faster or the rush is over.

As for me, I'm carrying five concealed carry permits/licenses now. One more and I'll have to get a bigger wallet. Or stop carrying insurance cards ;) \

I thought the if you had WA, OR and Utah permits you were good togo from WA to Florida. I beleave Florida honors Utah premit..

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

(1) While Florida's law allows licensees to carry stun guns, knives, and billy clubs in a concealed fashion, the laws in these states allow for concealed carry of handguns or pistols ONLY, NOT WEAPONS IN GENERAL. Florida license holders are prohibited from carrying other types of weapons while in these states.

(6) These states issue concealed carry licenses to qualified individuals who are non-residents. These non-resident permits cannot be honored under Florida's reciprocity provision.

Last Edited:
My five are;
Washington (only one without photo)
Oregon
Utah
Nevada
Florida (prettiest of the permits)

I live in WA, regularly drive through OR, ID, UT and work in NV. Back in July NV dropped my UT permit from reciprocity so I had to take the 8 hour NV class and shooting qualification to get legal at work again. I used the NV class certificate to get FL 1) just because I could and 2) to help keep me covered as reciprocity changes.

Currently I can carry concealed in these states:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming.

My permits are not honored in:
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Guam, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, District of Columbia

Right Denied:
Illinois, Wisconsin, American Samoa, N. Mariana Islands

twoclones Where did you take the Nevada class?

Rural Nevada. http://www.arms-r-us.com/
I'm pretty sure the class must be taken in Nevada and I know you have to apply in person at a Nevada County Sheriff's office. You also have to take a 4 hour class in Nevada to renew. Both initial application and renewal require a live fire qualification. Every semi auto carried has to be on your permit and you must qualify with each in the live fire portion. Only one revolver qualification allows carry of any other revolver.

Non-residents must renew in the same county where the original permit was issued. Last year new regulations changed the non-resident permit from 3 years to 5 years and I believe it also lowered the price. Same regulations also disallowed reciprocity with Utah and Florida :(

Rural Nevada. http://www.arms-r-us.com/
I'm pretty sure the class must be taken in Nevada and I know you have to apply in person at a Nevada County Sheriff's office. You also have to take a 4 hour class in Nevada to renew. Both initial application and renewal require a live fire qualification. Every semi auto carried has to be on your permit and you must qualify with each in the live fire portion. Only one revolver qualification allows carry of any other revolver.

Non-residents must renew in the same county where the original permit was issued. Last year new regulations changed the non-resident permit from 3 years to 5 years and I believe it also lowered the price. Same regulations also disallowed reciprocity with Utah and Florida :(

Kind of shoots my plan down. I really have no reason to go to Nevada and it's just not worth the trouble just to be able to carry in KS as little as I get back there. Thanks for the info though.

Is Kansas and open carry state? I carried openly in Nevada until I got their permit and must say, it's somewhat enlightening. NO ONE in Nevada gave me a second look or said a single word when I carried my N-frame revolver into restaurants and gas stations. I did see some very big eyes from guests at the motel :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top