JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm in the market for a new EDC CCW pistol. I used to carry a Glock 27, but decided it wasn't my bag. I've decided to go with a 9mm, but can't narrow it down.

Here is a list of what I want
9mm
DA/SA
10+1 or more rounds
4" barrel
decocker
3 dot sights
-$500 in my hand
prefer all metal
holsters available
VERY RELIABLE

I've been looking at several different S&W semi's... but there are too many for me to research on my own. I did want a bi-tone XD-9... but I'd really like to get something that is all metal....

Shoot me suggestions.

I've had a couple bersa's... Wonder why I forgot about them. I had a 383A and a UC45 in nickel.... Loved 'em both... Went to a P3AT for .380 and gave up on .45 all together. Thanks for the reminder

Keep 'em comin guys!

a p228 is exactly what you are looking for. check sigforum.com and look for a p228 CPO. they pop up there and on gunbroker at around $500. 13+1 factory mags but the new 229 factory mags will be 15+1 and should probably work in the 228. sig triggers are the smoothest da/sa out there. and if you want, you can always install a short reset trigger. turners in california got a couple hundred pre-owned 228s early this year and sold them for $499. i'm sure they are out but they do pop up.

I have a handgun in the classifieds with every feature that you mentioned.
S&W 9mm,DA/SA, 4" barrel, safety decocker.. all blued with a stainless barrel. 3 dot sights. all metal. PM me or look at my ad if you would like more info. :D

Here's what you listed

9mm
DA/SA
10+1 or more rounds
4" barrel
decocker
3 dot sights

I'll look into the Sig... but I've got a strict $500 budget....

45's... I saw that one and I'd prolly look into it more but I'm not ready to buy until August... It's for my B-day....:D

Boy was I WRONG!.... I'll pick it up tomorrow!... LOL.. C ya then 45's!

It's not exactly what you're looking for but the Ruger SR9c is pretty nice. I just picked one up from another member on here and it shoots flawlessly! Plus it's got the 2nd 17 round mag with the grip extender as well as the 10 round mag. That way if you want to change the feel to a full size you just swap out the mag. Very versatile and I have been pleased with it. Just my opinion though...

The BDE might be an option... but I'm really trying to stay away from polymer guns. The only way I'd get another polymer gun is if a totally crazy deal fell into my lap. I just really like the way metal feels over "plastic".

CZ makes a couple of decock versions, although I prefer the traditional version. Sig makes very nice handguns. In fact the new 250 has impressed me a great deal. I typically do not care for da/sa guns. I prefer on type of action always single..always double. The Sig 250 is a great double that is very easy to shoot and you should be able to get one within your budget.

Have fun with the search.

looks like I'm buying a S&W 5904.... It fits all of my criteria, looks good, and I can get it now... plus it's my favorite brand S&W.

Thanks all!

Maybe keep this running to help anyone else that gets overwhelmed by the choices out there???

((Yup!, I got it and it fits great!))

I've been looking at several different S&W semi's... but there are too many for me to research on my own. I did want a bi-tone XD-9... but I'd really like to get something that is all metal....

Shoot me suggestions.

Honestly, in that price range, I think you were on the right track with the XD. I fell in love with mine, and would still have it, but got a XDM9 to replace it. If you insist on a metal frame I'd take a look at the Stoeger Cougar. A retired marine friend of mine has one and it shoots amazingly and is a very good bargain.
http://www.cmcgov.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=568&idcategory=223

Check out the accuracy on this review
http://www.handgunsmag.com/featured_handguns/cougarb_071807/index1.html

check out the ruger SR9c, the compact version. I just bought it new for $400. just came out in jan of this year. check out youtube videos and do any research on it at all and it comes across with flying colors all around. it comes with a 10 round mag, and a 17 round mag. it's slim, light and feels great in your hand. it comes in either two tone silver and black or all black. just an easy easy gun to shoot and has lots of features. similar to a glock from what I know.

they talk about this gun being accurate. I don't know that much, but I'm a 49 year old with bad eyesight and a fairly wobly hand. and I set up a small orange football tee about 75-80 feet away, and as this kid pulled up on his minibike next to me, I said" you can have this area to shoot, I'm leaving now anyway, but I want one last shot to try to hit that tee" and went up there, aimed, and BAMM! hit that tee! the young kid just said "that was amazing!" so this SR9c must be pretty accurate. it has the three bead site on it. hardly any recoil too.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top