JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here is a pic from last time I loaded some ammo, this is only about half the mags. The rest were still loaded and in cans;

DSC_0006-2.jpg

Here is a pic I took several years ago. I see 5 bandoleers so that means I had 35 magazines then;

DSC04628.jpg

What's this whole "too many magazines" thing? I don't entirely understand....

(stands up) My name is John and I have a problem........

Nice thing is the way they fit in ammo cans. I just grab a can and go for the day and I have 14 magazines or 252rds. If I need more I grab more cans.

Remember these are just the ones I use in my Target AR, or my Colt SP-1 when I do shoot it. I have plenty of 30rd P-mags, 2 Beta-C, about 15 Glock 33rd 9mm mags for my 9mm AR, a dozen 20rd P-mags for my .300 Whisper, 20+ BDM mags for the .22, and about 2500rds worth of belts for my belt fed .22 AR.

Last Edited:
What kind are you stocking?
If you're sound on GI mags perhaps get some magpuls, if you're stocked up on magpuls get some GI mags.

You can NEVER have "enough" magazines. AR wise, Ive got upwards of 15 per rifle with decent practice alone.. Mags get torn up.
I store some still in the wrapper to perhaps trade or sell down the road.
I suggest getting a safe and storing just mags in it. I have a(nother) safe (now) dedicated to just mags, empty and loaded. Not fear mongering but in todays political climate, A lingering mag capacity ban could always be around the corner.

Plastic mags WILL fail over time.. Id suggest getting heartier mags (GI) for better long term storage/training. IMO.

I'd love to see a photo of that.

Ask and you shall receive.

Sorry, don't have them all in one shot.

Here are 3, 600rd belts though,
DSC_0018-1.jpg

They fit nicely in a .30 cal can with a special divider I had made. The can mounts on the side of the gun/tripod like a 1919,
DSC_0027-1.jpg

25rd mag on top, 600 rd belt in middle, 50rd belt bottom,
DSC_0008-1.jpg

Fun in the back yard, DSC_0090.jpg

How many is too many magazines?

When during lean times, you've already hooked up your friends and family who were not as well prepared, and the devil on your shoulder has you seriously tempted to sell some more of your Pmags for $50 a pop (I didn't do it).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top