Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Too late to file complaint with Oregon State Bar?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dragonsden73, Feb 3, 2010.

1. dragonsden73

dragonsden73 Salem, Oregun Active Member

No big details....BUT....2003-2004, private practice attorney took payoff from another attorney, client SHOULD have had thousands ($100,000 +), lost it all. Also failed to inform client of two court hearings, in which client was held in contempt. Basically threatened if complaint filed with Oregon State Bar, attorney since took bench seat in courthouse, now resigns immediately following investigation.

What would YOU do?

2. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Go for the throat... but that's just my style.

3. ZachS

ZachS Eugene/PDX Active Member

:thumbup:

Start w/ the bar, then continue w/ malpractice suit if not barred by statute of limitations.

4. Deavis

Deavis Mid Willamette Valley Active Member

Go to web site for Oregon State Bar - complain proceedure is there.

5. dragonsden73

dragonsden73 Salem, Oregun Active Member

With previous threats, ex-client feels his family may be in jeopardy if action was taken.....hardly worth reliving the hurt from the past. Client also believes in karma.....he will face judgment day......

6. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

I was in a similar situation with an attorney several years ago and was VERY justified in suing for malpractice (and several other things) but two problems - the attorney had nothing (she was incorporated) and her "corporation" owned virtually nothing on paper (her husband had his own separate, non- law affiliated business), second I could not find a local attorney who would represent me - something about honer among thieves.... AND to answer the pressing question you all have - she was NOT my attorney but due to her, shall we say lack of attention to detail caused the re-opening of a year old divorce and opened Pandora's Box.

7. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Well that right there is against the law, but then again if a schmuch was threatening my family I would USE a (iron) bar to file my complaint against someone like that directly... but that's just my style. :D

8. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

The Oregon Bar is crooked to the core. They look out for their own. You have to prove that a member did something really outrageous and illegal, and even then the atty has to be a "nobody."

FWIW, the chief justice of the Oregon Supreme Court is the one with the real power - even over the Bar. He is the one you appeal Bar decisions to.

If you have a really serious bubblegum, it would pay to start with him. He would tell you that you have to file a complaint with the Bar, but at least they'd know he was watching.

Our Oregon appellate courts and the Bar Association are crooked in the sense that it's a good ole boys' club. I hate to have to say that, but it's true.

When you go up against "their own," you are on your own.