JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.kptv.com/story/29844041/...ing-while-attempting-to-take-man-into-custody

This is right down the street from my house and around the corner from where 311 tactical was.
Too dang close for me. I have a friend that lives on the next street over. Thankfully him and the family were out of town.

I hope this was an isolated incident and we find out more details later.
Seems like this craziness is happening more and more. I bought in this area to stay away from this stuff:

Was wondering why the police had the intersection blocked off all day, thanks for the link. After I heard about what had happened I'm suprised I didn't hear any shots as i was outside all day and live very close as well.

I was just glad to hear that there wasn't any collateral injuries/deaths and the situation was contained quickly. I've seen a lot of suspicious folks wandering around at odd hours in the neighborhood for the last couple years.

Yeah we bought our house 2 years ago. The neighborhood is nice and quiet, but there are a lot of rentals that are good and bad. That apt complex off 1st doesn't look the best.
And I do see some people walking through that I wonder where they came from

So where I lived in Lakewood and south Tacoma were about 1/2 mile away.
In Lakewood I lived in a RV and there was a shooting,a couple of times,at a sports bar about 100 yards away.
Then I moved to a house around the corner a ways and a 17yo shot a 16yo because he wouldn't fight over a girl.....across the street from my house in a park. Or maybe it was the school grounds right next to my house.
2 weeks prior there was some random gunfire in the middle of the night.Nothing seemed to be hit but casings everywhere. This was all in about a year's time

All true.
I'm pretty sure something like this happened not too long ago in the manf home park across 164th about a year ago.
It just doesn't happen as often.
I've known of a couple murder/suicides too.
All it takes is drugs or mental instability and a small event to push someone over the edge.

So in the comments someone said the police were called because this guy was chasing a car leaving the 76 station and was pulling his gun out.
Been checking daily. Waiting on the details for this one

Silver lining on this (for me) is that it lit a fire under my wife to carry concealed and become more proficient at shooting. Headed down to the courthouse this week for her permit and planning on stopping into the english pit.

Just cause you live in a nice neighborhood doesn't mean people don't have problems. No one is immune to that. I'm east of 164th but still too close for any of this. The good thing is that there is a very strong police presence in our area and it seems that it was handled quickly and no bystanders were hurt.
Several years ago someone shot someone in their garage about 4 blocks away. Keeps me armed. Situational awareness is still your best friend, see trouble before it sees you and beat feet.
Best I figure on any of it is an underlying theme of drug use and there is nowhere you can get away from that

Holy cow.
That could have happened in anyone of our neighborhood. Except for the folks who live off the beaten path.

This is why I always have at least 1 loaded weapon in arms reach at any time. When I'm away from the house, I make sure my wife has one near her. When i'm home...there's at least 2-3 within arms reach and many more if i have time to get to the safe.

The article in the link above is really funny. Residents say they heard pop,pop,pop and then down lower it says the perp shot himself and they are still determing whether the police fired any shots. What, he shot himself 3 times, excellent reporting, Funny.

The article in the link above is really funny. Residents say they heard pop,pop,pop and then down lower it says the perp shot himself and they are still determing whether the police fired any shots. What, he shot himself 3 times, excellent reporting, Funny.
Shooting yourself 3 times would require amazing trigger control. I'm guessing it would be hard to practice much

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top