Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Tony Bennett

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Oathkeeper1775, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Oathkeeper1775

Oathkeeper1775 Coast Range Well-Known Member

I have much respect for Thomas Sowell

(Thomas Sowell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

He said/wrote it best in his work about the intellectual-audacity;

(loosely quoted) "We all have a few skill-sets that we can do really well, when we take a couple steps away from them, we make total asses of ourselves".

Like Tony Bennett just did;

Tony Bennett: Without Gun Control, U.S. May Turn Into Nazi Germany | RealClearPolitics

The best I can do is relate Bennett to Petunia the Goose; a childhood story where a goose finds the farmer's book and glasses, she puts the glasses on and carries the book around the farmyard and is instantly an intellectual who's opinion is sought by all the other animals.......

In all this national turmoil, I seek clarity and logic; I find much of that in the work of Thomas Sowell. His recent essay:

http://www.tsowell.com/images/Hoover Proof.pdf

"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them" Joseph Schumpeter.

Thanks to Tony Bennett; I have another CD to take to the trap range!

2. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

II have heard his incoherent statement on the radio this morning. Sounds like dimentia has set in pretty good.
    Soon enough he'll be wondering h8s gardens in only slippers and a hat.

3. ARKLITE881South

ARKLITE881South USA Well-Known Member

Not sure, but i think i saw someones arm behind his back , working his mouth, you know, kinda like a puppet? He said what he was told to say, or said, what he SAW TO READ on a teleprompter. Pretty sad.

4. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Please pick up the pieces when you are done. I hate seeing the shiny shards of plastic laying around in the woods.

5. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Damned things are sharp too....

6. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

thats so terrible they put that man out there to make a fool of himself, he didnt deserve that.

Nazi germany had the gun laws the dems what to put in place. that worked really well for providing safety to the jews, homosexuals and sexual deviants, or am i getting my history wrong?

7. BroncoFan

BroncoFan Eastern Oregon Well-Known Member

I think Ol' Tony left more than his heart in San Fransico...

8. NoSmoking

NoSmoking Springfield Member

He's confused :(
    Makes me feel bad for him... Shame on his managers for not checking what he planned on saying