JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, and that's what gives San Francisco sourdough its unique flavor, it's also what gives my starter it's unique flavor.

You could just order some of that starter and have the same as everyone else, but I like that mine's unique, and it works just as well as any other starter I've tried, and better than some. To each his own.

So... are you going to post a recipe for those pancakes?:)

Threadjack alert!! :s0155:

I offered to share my old world starter which I've had since the early 1970's with anyone who'd like it, and right after that there's this method for making a "luck of the draw" sourdough which most likely also doesn't include the necessary bacteria for the added texture and flavor.

Please understand I'm not at all angry. I just have this special strain of starter which I know is more than 100 years old, and I know where it came from. I'm also kinda proud of it. :) :s0155:

If we ever hook up for lunch I would like a starter please.

If we ever hook up for lunch I would like a starter please.

I'd love to hook up for lunch Trismn. Also, anyone who PM's me an address will get starter and instructions in the mail - no charge. That includes you, although it pains me to give you an advantage in cooking. :s0114: :s0114:

I asked you first, but If you'd like I can erase my post.

I just misunderstood. This specific culture can't be "made" but the culture can be fed with flour and water and used and preserved.

If everyone here followed the "luck of the draw" method, all would get a different flavor and different texture. Some would be bad.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top