JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Spiders and bugs don't bother me in the least. My grandkids are impressed that I just pick them off with my fingers and flick them into the bushes. Or, smash them underfoot. My wife is terrified of spiders but only annoyed by other types of insects. She has a peculiar way of saying 'Bob' that lets me know a spider is near and needs to be dispatched. For her sake, indoor spiders die. Outdoor spiders are allowed to hang around and eat flies.

Looks like a hobo spider to me too.

I'm somewhat familiar since I've had a bunch this year and my GF had to bomb her home in Forest Grove because she had even more. Some people don't mind them. I do. They bite me (probably in my sleep) and leave hard, itchy, swollen, scabbed welts that I scratch constantly and unconsciously for 3+ weeks. We've both had bites all summer.

Sorry nature lovers. Inside or out, wherever I go, I destroy every spider I see.

hobo spider.jpg

Oh well here's an update. Took a shower last night and just before I wash my hair i look down and there a big black spider on the little side seat in my F-ing shower with me.

W T F

It was just trying to get clean after a night of hunting any other insect that could be in the house.

Nah that thing needs to die. It got too close to the pearly throne.

If you see a web in my backyard, there's likely a black widow nearby. Saw 2 of them last week, and quite a few wolf spiders too. One advantage of no longer being arachnophobic is that spiders don't bother you as much.

One time, we were guarding an ammo dump on the border of BFE and Iraq. I was standing watch with a buddy when one of these guys came running by

camel-spider-bite-size1.jpg

I kicked rocks/sand at it as it went passed. I generally have a strong dislike for anything with more than 4 legs and less than two.

Ill be damned if that little bastard didn't do a full 180 in the sand, turn and come right for us. It got about 10 feet from where we were standing and jumped at us. I had never seen a spider that big in real life before. I had also never seen a spider that aggressive before. It was also the first time I had ever seen one of satans creatures launch itself air born to invade my nightmares for months to come. It's the only time in my career I ever truly considered abandoning my post.

One time, we were guarding an ammo dump on the border of BFE and Iraq. I was standing watch with a buddy when one of these guys came running by

View attachment 312147

I kicked rocks/sand at it as it went passed. I generally have a strong dislike for anything with more than 4 legs and less than two.

Ill be damned if that little bastard didn't do a full 180 in the sand, turn and come right for us. It got about 10 feet from where we were standing and jumped at us. I had never seen a spider that big in real life before. I had also never seen a spider that aggressive before. It was also the first time I had ever seen one of satans creatures launch itself air born to invade my nightmares for months to come. It's the only time in my career I ever truly considered abandoning my post.

A camel spider? That thing just wanted to get out of the sun. For all it knows, you were some giant moving cactus. Their pinch can hurt quite a bit though.

Last Edited:

View attachment 312147

Should have blasted 'em to smitherenies!!!

In my best Yosemite Sam impersonation...

A really fun movie to watch is Big Azz Spider.
( note the middle word should be spelled correctly if you plan on looking it up )
Lots of laughs and action plus *** SPOILER*** the big old nasty spider dies in the end.
Andy

Funny flick!

Shows on SyfyHT, channel on 10/1 at 1am to 3am.
At least on DIRECTV. :) And, I suspect, anywhere that Syfy shows!

View attachment 312147

Ok, Sig! I'm not the least afraid of spiders, HOWEVER, I can't believe you didn't open up on that little spawn of Satan! o_O

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top