JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm a huuuuuuuge biotch when it comes to spiders.
And this SOB crawled across my fire place tonight.

F me. I'm not sleeping tonight.

Anybody tell me what kind of spider this is?

image.jpeg

Yeah it's a smashed spidy now.

Yeah it would take me an act of God to go into a crawl space. I've been wanting to get in mine to check the ducting and what not, but I can't bring myself to do it.

last time I went under the house, it consisted of tossing two bug bombs down there then waiting a few hours then going down with a full can of raid.
It was like out of Aliens, gassing every nook, cranny and piece of wood i approached

When I lived in Kentucky I would run in the neighborhood at night since it was God aweful hot during the day.
The huge spiders would come out onto the warm sidewalk and as you would run by thinking it's a leaf they would run off to the side. Scare the crap out of me. And they would be every 15-20 ft.
They looked like wolf spiders.

Breaking ankles non stop.

Did crawl spaces for years running wires.

However I also grew up on the ocean and have a lot of sailors superstitions I have yet to kick.

Spiders on ships are good luck so I never killed them and instead took them outside as needed.

My daughter is a freak about spiders... If I don't take care of it then she will sleep on the couch if given the choice between a daddy long legs in the corner of the ceiling in her bedroom or this worn out couch lol.

She also has super powers for spotting even the tiniest of them that I have to stare at the ceiling like a moron for 3 min while she tries to verbally tell me where it is from a safe 12 feet away minimum.

It is one of the few things she comes running to me for though so that's not horrible.

I've taken to just flushing them out of laziness.

They are creepy though - I just repeat in my head, they eat all the other nastey bugs so it's better to have a few around.

Here ya go for all you phobia people:D:p.
image.jpeg

Wow, what's the deal here... Come on now, we are men after all.

We are our families providers, protectors and leaders (for the most part). Most of us are on duty every minute of the day, sentinels of protection that allows our wives and children to sleep safe and sound...

Yet we become squeamish about spiders? I find it curious that we, myself included, have a serious distaste for our eight legged friends...

Why do you suppose, a critical thinking individual, who is more than capable
of taking care of his loved ones and willing to put down bad guys, has this psychological fubar when it comes to spiders?

For the record, I'm the household spider hunter, I always move in for the kill with a waded up paper towel, apply pressure until the subject succumbs with a life ending crunch, then flush the corpse...

Ewwwweeeeeee.....

A really fun movie to watch is Big Azz Spider.
( note the middle word should be spelled correctly if you plan on looking it up )
Lots of laughs and action plus *** SPOILER*** the big old nasty spider dies in the end.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top