JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The poor old guy's body is giving up. It's not humane to try to keep him going any longer. He's been a good boy for nearly 15 years. I'm really going to miss him, even the smell of his terrible gas. It's hard for me to lay out exactly how I'm feeling, but I'm sure a lot of you have been in this situation. I'm not a religious or spiritual man. However, if there is an afterlife, I hope my old pooch, and all my past dogs, are there waiting for me. Today he's having bacon wrapped steak for dinner, plus all the peanut butter he can handle. I'm going to miss him so much :(
20160508_142356.jpg

sorry to hear, its tough but the humane thing to do, I too had to do the same 3 yrs ago he was 18.5 didn't want to give up.

Pets are family, and we can feel their loss as keenly as any other. You must remember that this sadness was paid in advance with a thousand times as much joy, laughter, and love across fifteen years of companionship. Good luck. Be strong for your boy.

I know what you are going through.
What I would have done differently with my boy Kruzer....

1) Stayed with him while he was taking his last breath.

2) Should have taken his tired old body home with me for burial in a special place or
to the crematorium myself.

Think of all those great memories of you and your boy and please think about my two regrets.
I'll have those forever.

Last Edited:
20170513_191451.jpg I feel for you, the fur kids take a piece of your heart with each ones passing I just put one down 4 weeks ago myself.

All I gotta say is when I pass if all my pets aren't there to greet me I'm gonna be pissed off!!!!

Do have a memory clay paw impression done and do a shadow box as we did for our Old Shepard.

Stay Strong

Last Edited:
I'm sorry brother. This is why I have such a hard time having a dog. The last one I lost tore my guts out. I wish your boy a speedy and peaceful journey.

So sorry to hear this. You know it is the right thing but doesn't make it one bit easier. Its a tough road, I've been down that way a couple of times myself. Just know that you gave him the best life you could and shared many happy times.

I've had dogs my whole life. The first one I was supposed to say good-bye to and then give the ok to put down, I couldn't do. I left that up to my parents. I was 13.
Since then I've done it numerous times. Every time breaks my heart.
I'm sorry it's your turn @PNWShooter .

But with me, there will always be "the next" dog.
The companionship a dog provides is priceless.

Last Edited:
I try to convince myself...

Our animals are given X-amount of time on this earth. We can't change that. I feel so short changed when I lose an animal. I try so hard to remember that for the 8, 10, 12 or-so years they have on earth, they could have been anywhere, or lived with any body. But, I was blessed they lived with me, and I was able to love them. So instead of being so heart broken, why can't I celebrate and rejoice that I was the one chosen?

WAYNO.

Last Edited:
That decision is the hardest - and most loving - thing we do for our 4 legged friends. It's horrible for us, but a relief and an end of pain and fear for our loved ones.

I still tear up thinking about my girl GSD, now gone almost two years - and I especially tear up thinking about how once the sedative was given, her breathing calmed and she had a moment free of fear and pain before she passed. I treasure that moment of grace - for her and for me.

Good luck to you and your loyal companion of 15 years.

Sorry...I will one day be where you're at. I have a German Shepherd who's doing well for his age at 11 but his days of feeling like a champ are behind him. Whenever that year comes it will be a sad day.

My regret is not breeding him. He's a long hair and has a wonderful temperament. Loves himself some people and on camping trips would take it on himself to keep an eye on any kids with us.

I Loved You Best
So this is where we part, My Friend, and you'll run on, around the bend. Gone from sight, but not from mind, new pleasures there you'll surely find.

I will go on; I'll find the strength, life measures quality, not its length. One long embrace before you leave, share one last look, before I grieve.

There are others, that much is true, but they be they, and they aren't you. And I, fair, impartial, or so I thought, will remember well all you've taught.

Your place I'll hold, you will be missed, the fur I stroked, the nose I kissed. And as you journey to your final rest, take with you this...I loved you best.
-Jim Willis

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top