JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife has been looking at CZ Shadow 2 videos all evening telling me they are not 'that' much more than her P229 Elite. Sounds like we will be visiting Keith's tomorrow....according to her

Last Edited:
Best of luck finding one. I recall reading somewhere that they've just started making it into the US very recently. Don't recall where, but some shop got 70 of them, and they were all spoken for before they even received them.

That said, I'm hoping to get my hands on one eventually :eek:

Best of luck finding one. I recall reading somewhere that they've just started making it into the US very recently. Don't recall where, but some shop got 70 of them, and they were all spoken for before they even received them.

Yes, that is my,....errr, her concern :)

Sure wish I had 308's problem. My wife encourages me to get about anything I want but she has no interest in going to the range with me.

Same boat here guy;):(:rolleyes:.

I've accepted it. Every few years I'll get her to go just to brush up on basic firearms handleing (she is always a good shot). But I normally have to beg lol.

Can't get her to go golf in the past when I did either... she likes to have a few things we do on our own. Being my best friend and person I want to spend the most time with it's probably a good idea so I go along with it:D.

Same boat here guy;):(:rolleyes:.

I've accepted it. Every few years I'll get her to go just to brush up on basic firearms handleing (she is always a good shot). But I normally have to beg lol.

Can't get her to go golf in the past when I did either... she likes to have a few things we do on our own. Being my best friend and person I want to spend the most time with it's probably a good idea so I go along with it:D.
YEP. Just knod and smile buddy. :D

My wife has been looking at CZ Shadow 2 videos all evening telling me they are not 'that' much more than her P229 Elite. Sounds like we will be visiting Keith's tomorrow....according to her

Kieth's is the place to go....They find it. You lay down a $50.00 deposit. They get it and you got it.

Has she looked at Tanfoglio? Same basic configuration with polygonal barrel and cone lock-up?

We haven't looked at the Tanfoglio. I personally saw some mention of it, but have no idea what it is all about.

Tanfoglio is just one of the makers that copied the CZ. As I understand it CZ didn't patent their design so other makers used it. Star is one I believe. I have a CZ SP01 Tactical .40 and a Tanfoglio Elite Limited. The limited is basically a race gun out of the box, for a little over a K.

Sure wish I had 308's problem. My wife encourages me to get about anything I want but she has no interest in going to the range with me.
5 years ago when we met, my wife didn't know what a gun was. Gentle and sometimes not so gentle teaching about handling and safety, she has come a long way. I started her out on a .22 because I knew the low recoil and lower report would allow her more time shooting before he hands got sore.

Forward 3 years and she got a Glock42 to go with her CCP. This is where she had/has to work out on her own how to carry it. Mostly in her purse because she usually wears form fitting apparel.

Forward to a couple months ago. At the advice of one of our members here her and I went to Advanced Firearms Training in Gresham. Tony helped us over our bad practices with drawing the handgun, holding the handgun and aiming. This was literally the best experience we have both had together with firearms because we both were now at a level playing field. Both suffering the low-left groupings.

Shortly thereafter we went to DRRC and practiced what Tony taught us. Our groupings (POI) were better than anything we ever experienced. My wife was making ragged holes at 30ft with her Sig. I shot her G42, which I thought was inaccurate, but was surprised when I too was making small groups dead center at point of aim.

I guess all this to say was, we started off easy with the .22 to build her skills and allow her to be encouraged and excited that she could do it. Then went for professional help when we were both stuck.

So far so good. :)

Tanfoglio is just one of the makers that copied the CZ. As I understand it CZ didn't patent their design so other makers used it. Star is one I believe. I have a CZ SP01 Tactical .40 and a Tanfoglio Elite Limited. The limited is basically a race gun out of the box, for a little over a K.
Okay, thanks Mike...I wasn't putting those pieces together. Makes sense now.

All depends on how much you are willing to pay. Several for sale right now if you don't mind paying $1500. Ouch. Does look like a nice damn pistol.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews