JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
see you at 500 yards my friend........but I guess you would see me in the room so were even I guess lol

They had a show on where a gun shop moded a Thompson for a faster cyclic and some rails or something and gave it to the local police ......all I really remember was it tore a$$ ,it was a beast

Hard choice: 44 Bushmasters or the Thompson. I'd still probably take the Thompson even though I'd have to wait for the tax stamp to clear!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Taking my Nephew out tomorrow if it doesn't rain to hard. It's his belated X-Mas present.
As far as ammo is concerned, I'm still working through all of the 45 & 9mm ammo that my late friend left behind.
The Tommy seems like it's in slow motion compared to the Mac 11.

I'm happy that they somehow managed to get registered during the amnesty period and don't have to be destroyed or sat away in a locked museum collection somewhere. They probably aren't the best police guns, but its good that they were actually able to be used to acquire usable gear for this department and the Thompsons get to go back to what they were designed for. Lots of shooting...

I'm not dogging on the Tommy gun by any means, but I don't understand what this Sheriffs office is thinking. Though the TG has proven its worth in CQB situations for the last 80 or so years, there are far better modern weapon systems available for LEO's. I personally think this is more of a publicity stunt than a tactical decision.

I'm not dogging on the Tommy gun by any means, but I don't understand what this Sheriffs office is thinking. Though the TG has proven its worth in CQB situations for the last 80 or so years, there are far better modern weapon systems available for LEO's. I personally think this is more of a publicity stunt than a tactical decision.

I don't think its a publicity stunt, I think IMO its a good move. Can you imagine what the headlines and negative publicity the media would put on a sheriffs department if they had to use those 2 weapons. The liberal media would tear them up calling it 30's gangster justice or something stupid like that. I like the idea because they did not ask for more tax dollars, a levi or bond to fund new weapons, they got creative and actually put those guns to good use to a buyer that will most in likely sell, keep and preserve those 2 beautiful relics. If it was a publicity stunt, they would have most in likly destroyed them in public to make a statement.

I don't think its a publicity stunt, I think IMO its a good move. Can you imagine what the headlines and negative publicity the media would put on a sheriffs department if they had to use those 2 weapons. The liberal media would tear them up calling it 30's gangster justice or something stupid like that. I like the idea because they did not ask for more tax dollars, a levi or bond to fund new weapons, they got creative and actually put those guns to good use to a buyer that will most in likely sell, keep and preserve those 2 beautiful relics. If it was a publicity stunt, they would have most in likly destroyed them in public to make a statement.

Don't misunderstand my post tacticalgunner, as I agree 1 thousand percent with you....

I'm just thinking out loud as to why they went this route, essentially going backwards weapons-wise when all the other agencies are bringing in MRAPS, drones and 50 cal. sniper rifles? For this reason I question why they would do such a thing.....what's next, issuing their officers deuce and a quarters and M1's because they got a great deal?

simon, i am guessing I don't understand your post, what I read from the post is that they found 2 TG's, traded for modern weapons. I don't see where they issued the TG's to officers, I read they traded for 44 modern rifles for the 2 TG's. Or am I reading it wrong.

simon, i am guessing I don't understand your post, what I read from the post is that they found 2 TG's, traded for modern weapons. I don't see where they issued the TG's to officers, I read they traded for 44 modern rifles for the 2 TG's. Or am I reading it wrong.

Dude, I'm a freaking moron. I apologize to the thread and OP. I just now read the article! I was under the assumption that they found a trove of TG's and issued them out.

Sorry....sometimes my mouth and fingers work faster than my brain.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top