JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not saying kids shouldn't get into it.

As for the Hunger Games movie being top dog for four weeks and a huge success - I don't get it. The movie was boring and silly. Yeah, I guess it will sell bows and arrows though.

In every movie like Madmax, end of society film - and art imitates life - people eventually all run out of ammo so maybe knowing how to use a bow/arrow, crossbow, Tomahawk etc wouldn't be a bad idea.

On a funny note, I called a place in Tigard once about a lesson on how to shoot a compound bow or crossbow and they said a class was just starting, come on by. There were about ten 6 or 7 year olds LOL!! No thanks.

I have long bows, recurves and soon will be making bows as well as crossbows and the shafts for both out of Sequoia I am air drying.., it's a fun hobby and a near silent weapon/hunting tool that served well for many eons

At battles like Agincourt 1415 the longbow was the deciding factor in total victory. Mind you many of the French and their mercenaries were wearing full plate armor and even so, they lost. It was said the field looked like it had snowed from the goose feather shafts covering it

4,000 archers and 1,000 or so men at arms defeated a 50 to 100 thousand man French army

At battles like Agincourt 1415 the longbow was the deciding factor in total victory. Mind you many of the French and their mercenaries were wearing full plate armor and even so, they lost. It was said the field looked like it had snowed from the goose feather shafts covering it

4,000 archers and 1,000 or so men at arms defeated a 50 to 100 thousand man French army

perhaps this is where the French get their penchant for white flags... :s0112:

Anyone know of a good all-round training person or place for archery items like all kinds of bows? Somewhere where an adult can go and not feel like they are at a daycare.

I will keep that in mind. Thanks. I would not laugh, I would not cry, I would learn by the numbers ..... sorry... watched Full Metal Jacket last night ...

any archery pro shop should be able to get you started on proper form and styles. I'm not sure what you have in your area, but in the Eugene area we have several, my favorite being "THE BOW RACK". They will let you shoot any number of different bows, as well as teach you the proper way to shoot it. hope this helps.

I have the Smith and Wesson tomahwak - sure it's not the best on the market, but I keep it in the E&E kit, and if needed I'm sure would do the job. I did use the spike on the back a bit while deployed to pry open a few doors the few times our breech kit was in use, or wasn't on us. Obviously, not the right tool for the job, but hey, sometimes you just have to make do with what you have, and it survived so I can't complaign.

I finally got a C.S. pipe hawk. I like it so far I think I am going to take some weight off the hammer side. were do you get your extra handles from? I have asked around and I can't find any one in my area that has a lath. I can get them from amazon but would like to find someone local to give my $ to.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top