JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have 3 cz52s and 2 tokarevs
all in 7.62x25.
Fantastic pistols, for what they are. old style sights, single stack, but lots of punch.
None have given me any issues.
If only tokarev ammo hadn't mostly dried up...

Biggest thing now is finding 7.62 X 25 ammo for them. Mil-surp has all but dried up and if you do find it ,,,it's priced crazy!!!! I do like the T-33's and variants, especially the Yugo & Polish ones, everyone I've had shot well.
My pph43 is a blast if you don't stop to think about just how much $$$ worth of ammo you just dumped downrange!!! And lord Knows it don't take long when you get to playing around with it, plus everyone else want's to dump a mag too when it's out!!!! Sold the Somi a few years back, so down to just the PPH43 and a Polish 33 now.

A bud of mine has a Century 9mm conversion that is real decent and priced right , but I much prefer the x25 sense it a much zestier round, and I've got plenty of other 9mm's already. But if you don't mind that, go with the 9mm just cause of ammo availability.

I had these for a little while back when the surplus ammo was cheap.

IMG_0870.jpg

I am a big fan of the 7.62x25 round and the pistols that fire it. What's not to like about a $200 dollar auto loader that has ballistics very similar to the 327 federal magnum round? I prefer the Zartava M57. I have two and both are 32 caliber which is a good thing. It is a lot easier to find 85, 95, 100, gr bullets in 32 caliber if your are into reloading. The newly manufactured M57 has a well made smooth thumb safety that locks the firing pin and prevents the hammer from touching the firing pin even when the hammer is down. With a little work the heavy trigger can be brought down to 3-4 pounds.

I have 2 blue Norinco M213 and one stainless steel M213 all in 9x19 Luger. The add on safety is worthless and fumble prone but every thing else are nice. The sight need some get use to because its grip sit high on my hand. The 9mm Zastava magazine will fit this one and it has plastic base plate . I only saw two 7.62X25 Tokarev in my neck of wood in the pass 10 years ,the Tokarev is as rare as Mauser Bloomhandle in my area , don't know why

I have an M57A Zastava, it's a great handgun. My only gripe: Been trying to find some rubberized 'Combat' grips for it, but it's very difficult to find any. I just see pictures on Bing searches, I've even sent a message to the Zastava website (the Serbian manufacturers).

Zastava_M70_A.jpg

Anyway, the pistol itself is a great buy. Awesome price, as for ammo availability. It's a bit difficult to find, but I have been able to find some at gun-shows, and some good web-sites. Wasn't really at all 'terribly expensive' as some people are saying. It's current production, brass cased, type stuff. It's essentially on-par with 9mm ammunition of the same quality. ~.40-45 cents per round on average, $20 for 50 round box.

So anyway, as far as 'surplus' ammunition goes, the 7.62x25 Tokarev is a dying breed in this respect. I would rate in on par to the .30-06 of the pistol world. Not really the mainstay of any military, thus no more awesome supplies of surplus being take off the shelves. Yet it still is pretty popular amongst shooters/plinkers/etc, so it sticks around and at reasonable prices...

I like the Yugo M57, handle is a little longer, and the magazines hold one more round than other Tokarevs. Reed' s Ammo made a 22 Reed Express barrel and bullets, dies/ etc. for a while for the cz 52. Super fast, superior to the 5.7, but their barrel maker quit and that project fizzled away. It was the 7.62x25 necked down to 22.

Tokarevs are super flat. I don't know of a thinner gun, if somebody else does, please pipe up.

It is hard to make a decent safety for them, and some of them have terrible trigger pulls. They're ugly. But they are a good, cheap military sidearm. If you like steel frame guns, they're easy to appreciate.

I like the Yugo M57, handle is a little longer, and the magazines hold one more round than other Tokarevs. Reed' s Ammo made a 22 Reed Express barrel and bullets, dies/ etc. for a while for the cz 52. Super fast, superior to the 5.7, but their barrel maker quit and that project fizzled away. It was the 7.62x25 necked down to 22.

Tokarevs are super flat. I don't know of a thinner gun, if somebody else does, please pipe up.

It is hard to make a decent safety for them, and some of them have terrible trigger pulls. They're ugly. But they are a good, cheap military sidearm. If you like steel frame guns, they're easy to appreciate.
The French 1935A is darn thin and a great pistol but the ammo is way harder to find than that commie stuff.. hard hitting too, for a .30 cal.

ww4344.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads