JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was at wallymart this morning and as everywhere else, all tp and paper goods were non existent.
Went to the automotive section for a few items and low and behold...The RV section has TP, many packages of it. albiet smaller rolls and quicker degrading for rv holding tanks, there it was.
A full 4ft wide x 6ft tall 4 shelf unit foll of toilet paper. saw an 8 pack for just under 6 bucks. Didnt buy any, have plenty for now, that and my harbor freight catalog collection!

This find was in sherwood, your local store's mileage may vary!

Wally in Hood River same story. Tons of food, canned goods and other preppy type stuff in the store...ammo was a bit skinny. I still wonder if this virus is really scaring the crap of of everyone or if its just a feel good, comfort thing to have 100 rolls hoarded. Not sure who is buying it all now...the same original hoarders or the folks who are just getting normally low. I don't recall ever hearing of a TP shortage before this. Same number of people, same usage right? Someone educate me.

Wally in Hood River same story. Tons of food, canned goods and other preppy type stuff in the store...ammo was a bit skinny. I still wonder if this virus is really scaring the crap of of everyone or if its just a feel good, comfort thing to have 100 rolls hoarded. Not sure who is buying it all now...the same original hoarders or the folks who are just getting normally low. I don't recall ever hearing of a TP shortage before this. Same number of people, same usage right? Someone educate me.
My theories if you look at a garage and see it wall to wall with TP, there's 22 LR in there too with receipts dating back a decade (for the 22)

Hoarders gonna hoard and keep the rest of everyone in pain

I love the idea of RV toilet paper. Thanks!

This may not be the right thread for this, but I'm bugged by the word "hoarder". I'm a prepper, I'm the one with piles of TP and 22 ammo, yes. But because I already made my hoard years ago, and by slow purchasing over time, this "hoarder" is not the one messing up the ammo and TP market because I haven't had to buy any right now during the crunch. I'm the hoarder who doesn't need to buy ammo or TP because I bought it last month, last year, over and over.

I just wish more people hoarded a year ago, a month ago, a decade ago. Then everyone would already have 20 cases of TP and 10,000 rounds of 22 and we wouldn't be in such a crunch.

Daughter-in-law was at Costco this afternoon because her friend works there and said the lines would be shorter. She didn't need TP but checked the shelves out of curiosity: no TP. Her friend said the shelves were restocked each night, but the number of people coming early and lining up for opening is as great as ever and TP is usually gone by noon or there about.

@flashpan The difference between the 22 shortage of 2013-14 is that folks slowed or stopped shooting 22 at all.

But people are still using TP like they always did and always will, but also wanting to suddenly build a stockpile that they should have already had.

We have had bidets on our toilets for a couple of years now. No need for toilet paper. Just rinse off when you're done and then dry with a small towel. When the TP ran out in the stores my wife made a bunch of small (6" x 6") towels out of left over diaper material. Dry off with the small towel and throw it in the laundry. We may never go back to TP. Easier on the septic tank too.

The Wally by us has lots of TP only because they pay a security guard to stand there and tell people only one pack. It is funny how stores that do not limit it yet still have people with carts full. There was a pic in todays local of a CostCo with people with a shopping cart full of just TP. Amazing to watch.
As for ammo I told anyone who would listen last great panic. Keep enough to go a year or two without having to buy. Used to keep 10K or so. Doubled that this time around. We shoot weekly and always take a couple .22's each range trip. The center fire stuff we just long kept enough parts to roll again if needed. Now just need the damn range to open back up so I can shoot again:mad: That part really grinds me. Place has fans blowing air away from you and out for the lead and smoke but they can't open. Fine to jam a bunch on the bus but can't let a dozen people in the range?:mad::mad::mad:

went to my local safeway and they had a few 24roll pack of the good stuff...Charmin...i bought all of em.....nah...only allowed one.....but up at the registers they were selling individual rolls for .50cent each......max 4.......and there was a few

I don't understand the obsession with TP. I figure that if SHTF, it will be a pretty clean wipe.
Flu effects include "diarrhea". Early know-it-alls said "like the flu". Hence, tp became unobtainable. Same as bleach and other disinfectants. So TP, napkins, paper towels, bathroom cleaners, etc are unobtainable. And like the previous .22 pandemic, vendors stock their shelves, open the doors in the morning, first ones in sweep the products off the shelves and into their carts. HOARDING?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top