JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Kids got energy for days, I don't...

With things opening back up, I'm looking for recommendations for programs and such for kiddos 3-4.

Soccer, swimming, gymnastics, anything really! He needs something to work off energy.

Thanks!

Reno

Swimming is hands down the most useful lifesaving skill you can develop. Especially when young. I did all the red cross levels before middle school.
Really wish my kids had learned properly. They are mediocre at best, and don't realize that fact.

And swimming is exhausting too

Swimming is hands down the most useful lifesaving skill you can develop. Especially when young. I did all the red cross levels before middle school.
Really wish my kids had learned properly. They are mediocre at best, and don't realize that fact.

Yep, I started at 4. He is 3. So close enough. Covid has F'd over the entire group anything. Haven't found anything available yet as swimming goes. Hoping someone here might know of a program or facility I overlooked.

^^^

This! Thank you.

I come from a family of swimmers and 'water' people. Power boating, sailing, fishing, etc. They liked baseball especially my older brother.

Walking at various speeds, baseball or whatever 'little kids' play now (?), bike riding, roller skating - I remember where you turned the KEYS on your roller skates over your shoes, ice skating if you can get to a rink, tennis, badminton and dancing are great things for KIDS and most adults to do for exercise.

Throw in some trips to the library and museums too!

Disclaimer: I don't know jack squat about soccer, football and some other sports that I was never INTO. Grin. I never had children with my late husband too.

Cate

We enrolled both kids into swimming lessons early on. Super helpful to wear the kids out and they form a lifelong love of the water.
Both kids also got some basic taekwondo lessons. We also took the kids to trampoline places, they enjoyed it and it wore them out. It is never to young to start them young with hiking and enjoying the beauty of the natural world.
Go for a bike ride with him. Go play basketball. Take him to a park and let him play on his own. Active minds and bodies will entertain themselves.
Dont forget to teach him about just sitting, watching, and listening to the world around him. Take in the smells, the sights that we pass over because we are to busy moving from one spot to the next, engage his brain as much as his body.

Currently my son is into skateboarding. Something i encourage. He and i also snowboard together.
Once things get back into gear football and wrestling are on the schedule. Both sports he played before all the virus BS.
My daughter is waiting for soccer to open back up. She tried wrestling for a season then discovered she actually enjoyed helping at the matches. So we will see where she ends up.

Find kids in the neighborhood for him to play with. Learning how to socialize early is critical and helps with all sorts of things.

Big Dog, nuff said!
All kids should have a big dog to grow up with, I always recommend a good Labradore or a Golden Retriever! Best are the Newfies but hard to find and getting expensive! Seriously, those three are the very best for young ones to grow up with and be besties for life!
PXL_20210313_020751309.MP.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads