JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm guessing there was 50% turn out from the first rally..so about 1500 or so. The sound equipment sucked. Very nice polite people in the rally. I do think we need to change a few things though...

Ditch the annoying bikers. Both rallys they have been there. I think they are primarily there to show their bikes off instead of being there to support the 2a. Both rallys they fire up and drive off, making as much noise as possible in the middle of speeches. Very disrespectful.

Dont bring confederate flags...

Don't waive your guns around. Holster them and keep them holstered the whole time.

Dont dress in all black and be carrying a tactical AR. Not a good image for us.

These are my opinions on what we could or should change for the better.

I'm fine with carrying an AR/AK whatever. Hell I carried an AK in Olympia at the first rally - could not make it to this one. But I will agree: if you're going to show up at the rally and open carry a long gun, knock it off with the tactical gear and the camo. Dress like you're going into the office or into your place of work. If you go into work wearing tactical gear or camo, well I'm sorry. Maybe you can just pretend not to for a day.

Just pretend that you're posing for an Oleg Volk picture or something. Come with your family, look like a normal person, but carry your firearm. Stop looking like you're about to kick down doors, or like this is opening day of deer season.

Also at the first Olympia rally, I have to say that I don't think I saw a single person unsling a rifle or mess with their firearms. Very repsonsible handling.

We also only had two State Patrol officers at the first rally, and they were wayyyy off to the side just doing their own thing. Were there a lot more this time?

Well sir that is your opinion, try mine on for size.
You and everyone like you are part of the problem.
You bow down to the will of others and then try to impose your will on everyone else. People like you would have a dress code for a 2nd amendment rally. Permit only the ones who pass the requirements to represent the masse. You are what's known as an easy win. You come play my game and play by my rules, I'll win every time......just like the media and politicians have already conquered your free will.
The entire idea of America is based on diversity.....Just because you were born here and own a gun doesn't make you a patriot. I am not about to get in the mud with you Benedict, as much s I appreciate the free psychoanalysis and your somewhat keen eye for the obvious need for firearms safety I will leave you with this Mr. Nice Guy.....
Ask the fine citizens of New York State what bowing down to the media, politicians gets you

If you're going to be a turd go lay in the lawn, and the lawns in California....I here they have real fashionable gun rallies there

You have some sick twisted way of believing you are taking the hard high road here. Actually, i think you are taking the easy road or easy way out. Tell me... which is harder to do... let everyone do what they want and hope it goes well or try to bring some kind of organization and order so we look well represented? You are taking the easy way my friend.

You know... i had a change in heart... you are right... lets just let everyone do whatever they want, just like the occupy crowd did so well. Lets all dress in black with long black trench coats and have tactical AR15s. Lets all scream out profanities and make violent threats. Lets hope the KKK and neo nazis join our rally too because that would be good. Lets all bring as many guns as possible and fire a bunch of rounds off for good measure too. Lets mishandle guns and we should let small children play with them too. Heck! Muslim terrorists like guns don't they? Lets bring them down too! Oh and lets bring drugs and tents and then crap/pee on the ground then leave trash everywhere. According to your opinion and statements, this would all be OK in your eyes and should be very patriotic and get our point across effectively.

You can call me names, basically saying worthless like crap and belong in California. You can say I'm not patriotic, but that doesn't make you or your argument any better looking. You also say you " don't want to get in the mud with me ", I can only assume you mean you don't want to argue your side with me, and I believe the reason behind that is because you know your argument is flawed and utterly stupid and you will lose. Don't let ignorance get the best of you.

I look at it this way. You wouldn't walk in to a job interview wearing cut off jean shorts and a tank top or camo and tactical gear. Do I honestly care that you show up that way, Nope. Not one damn bit. However, I will point out that there are consequences to your actions. You make it easier for the anti-gun news to shine you in a negative light, despite the fact you have done nothing wrong, and you let people who are already scared of guns further connect you with criminals and the mentally unstable.Like I said before, show up however the hell you want, just be aware of the perception of people who would seek to demonize you. I showed up in jeans and a fleece.

Other than, "because I can," why would you come to an event like this in anything other than your normal clothes? Was there some sort of fashion show I missed? Were you just trying to be eccentric?

I would like everyone to read this, then take a good look at yourself...where do you fit? or not: whichever, it is a very good read.

The Seven Varieties of Gun Control Advocate

that was a great read, and im going to cruise around that site a little more.........but, perhaps you've posted this on the wrong forum?

maybe send this over to liberalhippied*uche.com or sociopathicauthoritarians.com

Worked all night, got off work at 7:30 and drove to Salem.

Helped guide a guy who was lost in to the rally on the local Ham radio repeater.

Walked over to the rally at 10:00 and stood out along the road with my sign held high.

Gave an interview to the Oregonian videographer, part of my interview ended up on Oregonlive.com

A friend of mine showed up around 11:00, he spelled me at holding my sign when I needed to go to the bathroom.

Had an encouraging conversation with Kevin Starrett.

Heard Wally Hicks speak; great speech.

Ended the day talking with Kimber Custom and Transform at the Appleseed table. Got stoked for the weekend shoot at DRRC.

Totally, absolutely worth my time.

For everyone that was disappointed in the turnout for Friday's rally at Salem, don't worry.

When an issue is important to people who have to work for a living (as opposed to special interests like students and welfare recipients), it is understood that turn out will be less on a weekday. Make no mistake, the legislators knew we were out there. I saw a number of CCTV monitors during my visit inside the building, and ALL were showing the rally outside!

It is important to continue to rally at the state legislatures, and to keep showing up. This shows a persistence that indicates to legislators that the issue is important to a significant number of voters. Most of the rally's you see in the media are one-shot events that draw based on motivation (and money) from professional "activists", and there is rarely a follow-up rally showing a depth of commitment from the public.

An event with a smaller turnout held when legislators are present makes more impact than a larger event when they are absent.

If we continue to be polite, civil, make intelligent arguments, and leave the grounds neat and clean, we will reinforce the positions of our legislative supporters, erode the support of our opponents, and help sway the undecided in our favor.

I forgot to mention in my first post on this thread; my little brother and I met with Kimber Custom and are looking at doing an Appleseed shoot before hay season (July). After that its too dry to shoot and then when the rains do come its to close to deer season and don't want the animals scared off.

SF-

awww you got a mortgage ? me too

There are folks with legitimate excuses for not showing….you knows who you are and this isn’t aimed at you.

There were very few people who had a legitimate excuse for not showing up to this.
There is a level of dedication that is not there in America. The dedication that made this country what it WAS.
My expectation is most likely different than others and that’s fine.
I don’t believe I am special or in any way better than anyone else BUT I do believe I posses the level of dedication that made this country strong and unbending to the wills of those that will have under their thumbs, I have the American spirit burning in my blood.

I drove over mountain passes in ice and snow, 200+ miles , one way.

I don’t have extra income, my wife lost her job.
I have not had a raise in years and I have taken furloughs at work for the past 3 years….that is a day we have to go home with no pay, a missed day taken off your pay, a pay cut. I scheduled a furlough day for yesterday so I could go,We get to give those ONCE A MONTH
If I couldn’t do that it would have been a vacay day
if not that a sick day
if not that I would make something up…..yes I would lie to my employer to attend this.

I am not in the best of health either.
I have worked like a slave since I was 17 years old, wore out parts. My job leaves bruises on you at the end of the day.
I have had a tree fall on my head, chipped variable in my neck and permanent nerve damage ….
I played 8 years of football, every joint of my body has had an issue, 5 broken fingers, broken hand….
I raced dirt bikes for years…..One torn MCL in EACH knee, a broken foot, broken collar bone, dislocated shoulder……
I have been told I will have to have a hip replacement before I am 60

Standing on the pavement for 4 hours with my knees locked hurts, all my EX injuries ache , places numb from nerve damage…….
I stood net to people in wheel chairs,
I stood next to people with canes,
I stood next to people who don’t know if they will find a job in time
I stood next to people from other places where people have given up

In the military the government tells you what you stand for, they do great things and are brave for doing it.
Citizens chose to do it on their own accord, no one helping, no one coaching, not having the confidence that an entire Army at your back brings but instead stepping out of their comfort zone to the mix finding like minded folks, finding a way, finding this all on our own time, our own dollar.

This is my dedication level and I have A LOT left in the tank…..

I’m sorry if my expectation level is too high but the facts are that this is the dedication level need to retain our way of life, this is the level of dedication that it took to forge our way of life.

Those of you that ARE making a difference, I thank you, you know deep inside if you are

Those of you pissing in the wind and talking bubblegum, step it up and prove your worth or go to hell, go straight to hell and I mean that

That’s all I have to say , thanks for listening

Nothing better than infighting!

:s0132:

I had no problem with what people wore. Everybody's different and it was nice seeing a well diversified group of people. Showing that gun owners come from different lifestyles. Have different opinions. Showing how America is. Diversified. I know I got weird looks from people since I had a PDR on my back. I don't care. I was noticed. My way of standing out. Everybody was great! And I thank everybody that did show.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top